Eric Johnson

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by jocelyn, Jun 28, 2006.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Who is he ???????? Drummer......

2. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

ive seen a few videos of him .. one of the most 'unglamorous' of guitarists .. seems like a guitar geek

or they never read pinky's comics .. :p

3. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Thats excatly what I like abouthhim... you will very rarely see him jumping around.. That dos not mean he is notexpressive.. He is very expresive in his own Subtle way.....
    Infact I prefer his UNGLAMOROUS ( as you have put it) style....

4. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

imho he should have a bit more stage presence .. he's too much 'into' his guitar .... but i guess it just relflects his personality , non-flambouyant .... though many swear his playing is gorgeous :)

5. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

His playing is is GREAT.... I like it.... Infact I get kind of annoyed with too much flambouyancy... I actualy like guitarist who are "into their guitar"....

6. real_illusions

real_illusions Clapton Is GOD

actually he plays dholak. ;)

7. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Even I thought so :think: :think: :think: Maybe a bit of Dhol too....I guess he is the one who wrote the song "Dhol Baaje" song..

8. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

last time i heard he was playing DHOLAKS for the pipers!

9. real_illusions

real_illusions Clapton Is GOD

he's gonna start a d3 concert with 3 of the greatest dholak players ever. i heard they are also bringing daler mehndi along for the tour to open for them. will be awesome. i hope they tour bangalore soon.:rock:

10. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

petrucci does have a small averness ..but it aint so obious when he plays .only in a few parts he avoids usin his pinky ..but if u watch eric ...you will immediately come to find out that he is not in love with his pinky .,especially when he does those scale runs ..notice how john plays the runs and how eric plays his runs ..eric for the most part wil avoid usin his pinky whereas john always usin his pinky while doin im scale runs

hmm..cant say ..cuz when they use it ..it dont look like they are weak !!..but i dont think they feel very comfortable usin their pinky for some reason ...actually..if u ask eric ..he may say that his tone gets affected if he frets with his pinky !! who else has an aversion to using their pinky often ?

11. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

^ lol very true...he'd probably say that he doesn't like the tone he gets from using his pinky. ;)