Epiphone SG G-400 17k Only!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by axeman1986, Jan 1, 2007.

1. axeman1986

axeman1986 New Member

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

hmm i might be interested....need to sell off my brand new ibanez....and PM me with some new pictures if possible ...pm to "shreyas" on RSJONLINE cus ive seen u around there,

Thanks,
    Laney

3. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

laney what bout the ESP ????

4. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

keeping my options open dude.....always keep my options open

5. axeman1986

axeman1986 New Member

Hi shreyas. You know if you live in Mumbai, it'd be really cool if you came over and played it. Pictures wont really do it justice. Also the pics I've put up are identical to what it looks like now. It's been in its case since then except for when I take it out once a week to clean it.

I'll PM you my phone number on RSJ.

Peace

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hey you got that Ibanez only few months back, why you selling it off so soon?

7. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

^Seems he cant live with the bitter memories the Ibanez gave him :)

8. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

^ not few MONTHS man! few weeks lol....and what Devil said is right....and plus im going in for a LTD400 series so i need the mooolah

9. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

I cant imagine you paid 280 pounds for this guitar. Musiciansfriend quotes its price at 299 USD(MAX)..So if i convert that in INR @40Rs/dollar then it comes out to be > ***Rs. 12,000*** and you say you paid 280GBP= Rs.23,000??? taking people for a ride?

10. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

i've seen indian rosewood jacksons online for 13000 bks( INR) wen u buy it from an establishment in india, the same guitar i've seen for 26k

time the govt. placed an MRP on musical instruments.

11. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Musiciansfriend is an online store which cuts prices by not having to pay rent for a store, salary the front desk people, stock and maintain guitars for people to try out on a daily basis. Guitar prices differ between countries. They're cheapest in the USA. The person has also brought the guitar from England to India and maintained it.

You have 3 major factors there. Do the math, instead of being so presumptuous.

12. derick-shredman

derick-shredman New Member

as far as ibanez are considered, i believe they are cheaper in the uae than in the states or on any one of the american music websites...the american brands yes, pricey very pricey in the uae

13. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

I agree with you, guitar prices vary vastly across nations,and musiciansfriend has discounted rates due to various reasons.But look at it this way: if you wish to buy a epi SG g-400..you could head to a guitar shop in india who stocks it.They will obviously pick it up from either zzsounds or musiciansfriend add the import taxes and give it to you. A guitar listed for $250-$300 on these wesites will cost you Rs15k-20k if you buy it in india.not more.
    Now, will you still buy a second hand guitar for 17k??

14. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Approx price of a $300 guitar in India:

1. C.P - $300
    2. Improt duty @ 42% - $126
    3. Shipping & Handling - $80(approx)

comes at around 500 USD. If you convert that to INR at 45(Maybe when he bought it) - Rs. 22500(approx).

Add to that Seller profit and misc duties and tell me if it is a good deal.

15. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

With dollar currently hovering between 39-40 INR, i would rather buy a first hand from furtados...i dont think it will cost me above 20k.And at what exchange rate was the guitar bought a year back is irrelevant.

Peace..

16. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Add the cost of the flight case too.
    And ask Furtado's. If they're offering a better deal, then go ahead and let this board know as well.

17. Double Click

Double Click New Member

All this fuss over a guitar that was sold for 12k or so months ago...... tsk tsk

18. shann1991

shann1991 New Member

do u have it now i want it...can u give me ur contact no.