Epiphone Les Paul Ultra

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by DrSaurabh, Mar 27, 2005.

1. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

2. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

That is pretty but I personally prefer the SunBursts when it comes to Les Pauls. The hardware on that Ultra looks sweet though.

3. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

it is a sunburst..except its on a quilt top.......not on a flame top........epiphones just have a flametop veneer...the maple isnt real flametop
    bookmatched flametop maples are available only on elitist epiphone...and on gibson..

4. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

epiphone les pauls are gr8 for rockers who dream of having gibson les paul. wat do u want? much cheaper than gibson though dont have to compromise so much since they do sound not bad. infact they sound good.

dharmatma has one. huh?

really a beauty saurab!! i wonder wats its cost!!

5. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

$499
    cheaper than flametop les paul standard....and has gold hardware and alnico classic Pups
    man i practically had a tiny orgasm when i saw this one :p:

6. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

one thing i dont get......it has a nut width of 42mm as opposed to the normal 43 mm...how big a difference will that make???

7. shak

shak Harrr!

yeah nice guitar but i prefer flame over quilt...
    epi's are nice sounding guitars .. but use crap wood to make them .. better stick to gibsons

8. fictional_real

^^Better things always come for a price. :)

9. shak

shak Harrr!

true...... but i am one of those who hate to compromise on qaulity... keep your eyes open and you can end up with a Gibson for the price of an Epi ... like me :)

10. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

^^how the hell did that happen.......please tell me

11. fictional_real

@shahrukh.....i believe u just pasted a gibson sticker over epiphone :p:

12. shak

shak Harrr!

lolz!!! ... wow! neva thought of that .. but still dont you think the difference between and epi and gibson's headstock shape is just too obvious?
    https://images.google.com/images?q=gibson+headstock&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&sa=N&tab=wi
    check out the 1st and 2nd images on third row.

heheh, naa kidding, i really did buy an original gibson les paul .... :)

13. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

dr. saurabh .... loved that guitar .. but you n me.... we both suffer from the same affliction ....
    Nothing will ever match the slash signature les paul ... will it ... with the custom dark tobacco sunburt .. ooohhhh .. talking bout orgasms ... well lemme not go there :)

SOMEDAY .. when i think my guitar playing ability justifies owning such a beautiful instrument ... i'll get it ...
    now thats a dream worth sleeping all day for .. don't you think ... haha

14. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

You mean this? I don't like it very much, but then again I dislike the shape of a Les Paul. But they are good if one wants to get that 'bitey' sustain sound.

Attached Files:

DrSaurabh likes this.
  15. shak

shak Harrr!

well yeah thats the beauty .... but you know whats the most annoying thing about les pauls ... and i speak from my own personal experience ... you need big hands to play the higher frets ... after 17th fret ..it becomes really difficult to bend the 18th-20th fret strings ...especially the 21st fret is impossible to bend a major 3rd ... i have samll hands and it really takes a bit a of a struggle to do justice to the november rain outro ... does anyone know slash's hand size ... cuz apparently he has no problems doing that ...

16. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

i dunno about slashs hands......
    but i do know he is a huge guy....6' plus and plus he has huge forearms...and if he has huge forarms he his bound to have huge hands..........and yeah.in the DVD his hands do look huge...........
    @dmf....
    i guess we r kinda opposites than.....i love the LP but ironically....HATE the strat shape...somehow for me the LP is the definitive rock n roll guitar

17. shak

shak Harrr!

wow! i was always afraid to say that ..but since you have said that as well ... lemme speak ma mind
    i hate the strat shape and i puke on tele's
    they have that vintage boring shapes that i dont like ... and for me ibanez iceman and the gibson LP are the pure rock guitars ... not to forget thunderbirds and explorers ....

18. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

teles make me puke too....ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww sad guitars for single cutaways...for any no. of cutaways.......for any guitar....
    actually hate all fenders (sorry rabi :))
    explorers are cool......but lets not forget the flying Vs either....they look hot too....
    but am not too big a fan of DC les pauls...
    for double cutaways i prefer...Ibanez..JS series....so slim ......and soo..sec C
    Les Pauls rock :rockon: :nw:

19. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

As Shahrukh said b4 LPs do have this problem....the body starts obstructing at the 16th fret itself....I too wud prefer an LP looks wise..but u gotta look at the playability too....what do guyz think about the PRS shapes(say custom 22 or 24)?Its a double-cutaway but very different from a strat...
    And yeah looks wise..teles are a big no-no for me:p:....the shape..the metal strip under the knobs and switch..no way...
    I will go for a Tulasi custom guitar(as soon as I can get the cash:)) and am planning to rip off the PRS kinda shape..or maybe a super-strat...my hands are way too small for the LP shape.......:eek::

20. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Mockingbird..thats a cool shape :):)
    teles..yuck.