epiphone elitist sg for sale

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by nandac, Dec 18, 2007.

1. nandac

nandac New Member

made in japan - and not to be confused with the cheaper chinese/korean epis. these elitist epis are usually priced at three times the price of their normal epi counterparts.

some history : the gibson label appeared in guitars manufactured only in two countries - the usa and japan. the latter came out as "orville" - the first name of the founder of gibson guitars. now the orville line has been discontinued and has reappeared as "epiphone japan elitist series". the elitist series are manufactured with great attention to detail (check the web for more information on this) and so there's substance to the jap luthiers claim for their guitars being "second to none". many elitist users also rightfully say that the new jap epi elitists are way ahead in quality than current gibsons. i own many gibsons and can endorse this claim.

this particular epi is a 2004 model - but almost new condition. black like toni iommi's. the electronics - pots, pickups - are all american gibson and the tone is superb. this guitar is extremely versatile - you can play blues, rock, metal and even jazz on this bad boy!

comes with superb hard/leather case.

fantastic axe - its counterpart model in gibson (61 reissue) costs more than double.

this particular model has already garnered a reputation for quality and so is highly sought after in the usa and if you check ebay it is selling at a higher price than similar priced gibson sg models (sg special) and even competing with higher priced ones (sg classic).

i'm selling it at exactly the price i bought it - 26k. not looking for a profit.

i'm in bangalore - so interested buyers can contact me.

2. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Well, you can't get the price you bought it for - People would buy a new one simply then.

But thats one sweet guitar

3. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

19K then Im game for it

4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm not going to be buying it, but if I may; you are probably (note, probably) not going to be able to sell it at no loss.

So either, you bought the guitar for 26k, the case was extra but you are selling at 26k
    Or,
    You shouldn't have said "I'm selling it at exactly the price I bought it" ;)

5. nandac

nandac New Member

i bought this guitar on ebay just four weeks back. i can show you the auction. i bought it at the going standard rate on ebay.

if you bought this new (which you cannot since it is out of production) it would have cost atleast another $200 more.

price is final. if interested do let me know.

also check this list around a month or so back for my post on a couple of gibsons i have for sale as well. gibson hawk (16k) and gibson blues hawk (25k).

6. nandac

nandac New Member

>Well, you can't get the price you bought it for - People would buy a new >one simply then.

yea but it is not available here in india. also you would have to win such an auction on a guitar on ebay (where you could get gypped) and get somebody to bring it from abroad. and all at the same price.

this is a bargain at a lot less trouble.

7. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

why are you selling it?

8. ShivanikHendrix

ShivanikHendrix New Member

wish i cld get it but recently bought a processor and already hav 2 elec guitars

9. nandac

nandac New Member

why am i selling it?

well i already have a les paul and a semi hollow (335). wanted a single coil axe - initially thought strat but later thought a gibson p90.

i have always had a fascination for japanese axes - for their traditional quality.

and the epi elitist sg has strat tones (though it has humbuckers) and i simply couldn't resist the temptation of getting this - right after i lost an auction on an a lp special which had p90s. even now i'm not really sure i want to sell it as i got my hands on it just last weekend. but it is a thought as i really want a real single coil guitar.

10. nandac

nandac New Member

btw if you plan to buy one single quality guitar in your life this is it as this axe is highly versatile. the quality is so good that even unplugged it simply rings.

11. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

dude can you post its pics pls..and confirm if the model is Elitist 61 reissue SG ?

12. nandac

nandac New Member

>dude can you post its pics pls..and confirm if the model is Elitist 61 reissue >SG ?

yea it is an elitist 61 reissue. hope you got my pm.