email is for older people...

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Jul 31, 2005.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

E-mail is for grown-ups and U.S. teenagers now prefer instant messaging to communicate with each other online, according to a survey released on Wednesday.

Internet users from 12 to 17 years old say e-mail is best for talking to parents or institutions, but they are more likely to fire up IM when talking with each other, the nonprofit Pew Internet and American Life Project found.

E-mail is still used by 90 percent of online teens. But the survey found greater enthusiasm for instant messaging.

Three-quarters of teen Internet users use instant messaging, compared with 42 percent of *****s, Pew said. Nearly half of teens said they exchanged IMs daily, and some said they spent more than two hours each day using instant-messenger programs.

Half or nearly half of the 1,100 teenagers surveyed said they used IM to send Web links or photos to each other, while nearly one-third said they had sent music or video clips over IM. *****s were much less likely to do any of those things, the survey found.

Nearly nine out of 10 teenagers say they use the Internet, up from 74 percent in 2000. Those are who still not online are likely to be so poor that they have limited access to technology, the survey found, and are disproportionately black.

The survey, conducted in October and November 2004, has a margin of error of 4 percentage points.

2. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Chatting is gay. Or atleast too feminist.

3. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

i use e mails regularly for official and non official purposes , i think its the best way to sit down and write down your thoughts !!!

instant messaging is more hypher !

4. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

nice info....

5. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Totally agree with u ...... Hate those SMS and IM .... It sucks and its for jobless creatures ... And it's slow ..

6. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

grrrrr......... excuse me!!!

i always use instant emssgaing - its incredibly fast.. and so conveinent...

7. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

i use email for official purpose and if i am not able to get in touch of someone....else i use msger....thats not gay or feminist

8. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

well ppl always find out ways of not trying out new things ...

mebbe this gay/feminine thing is one of them ... ;)

9. vini

vini Repeat Offender

well thats just a research based on the majority of usage by people[teenagers/old] so lets not end up arguing.. there r n number of possibilities of a teenager emailing and an aged chattin @ messenger..different strokes for diff. folks :grin: !! so a survey is a survey is a survey :)

tahda!!

dlogic likes this.
  10. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

^^^^yup yup yup and reps too0