Email addresses V. IMP.

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by deathdr_87, Jul 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

Ok I know that we aren't allowed to post email addresses but I really want to add most people that I know well on this site on either messenger or yahoo.

So I propose the following (if neo and other mods have no objections...):
    I will maintain a list of email addresses provided to me with the consent of the user sent via pm in the following format:

subject: add me

program used: eg. yahoo / msn messenger.

or

subject: send list

btw - u can send me both requests in the same pm.

now I know that those who wish to make them available allow me to directly take thier email adresses from their profile, but I strongly believe that some sort of list of consenting individuals should be maintained.

Now I think I ought to lay down the following rules:
    1. By sending me your contact you are explicitly consenting to have it distributed to all members of IGT who request it.
    2. This list shall NOT be distributed or sold to anyone outside IGT. This is my promise and most members of IGT, I expect, will believe me on this and take my word.
    3. Anyone who wishes to remove him/herself from the list can pm me asking for this to be done - I will comply with such a request as soon as I receive the request.
    4. Any modifications to this list as requested by an administrator will take precedence over an explicit request by an ordinary member.

I will try my level best to ensure that this list is not misused by any member of IGT. Any violation, regardless of evidence held, will immediately be reported to an administrator along with all evidence of misuse.

This facility will come into existence only after a moderator gives explicit permission for it. If instead of replying in this thread, a moderator decides to provide permission or denial of permission for this facility, I will post the pm here for all to see so that you know that this facility is legitimate or disallowed.

I hope this works out, this is in the best interests of IGT and all members,
    deathdr.

2. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

or u cud look at the messenger icons under the name and simply add the people u want to :p:

3. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

^^^ Thats wat.... i dont see any point in Death's suggestion, if ppl r willing to chare their addressses,... might as well just post it in their profile.

4. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

I’m sorry mass distribution or collection of emails of members goes against the website regulations. Those who wish to share their email ids are free to do so by enabling the feature through their usercp.

Note: Members should think twice while giving out emails ids to anybody, as it is very easy to misuse such personal information. We have seen a lot of members being troubled when their email ids landed in the wrong hands.

P.S Sorry deathdr_87 this is not a good idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.