Electro-acoustic

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ambush, Jun 1, 2009.

1. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

I need to buy a decent electro acoustic thats good for some pc recording. My budget is 5 K max.

Can i get a pezo pick up with this.

2. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

peizo pickup with an acoustic in 5k.....hmmmmmm......

why dun you go for the yamaha in this range get it fitted with a normal pickup later on??? you do not need it for gigging newayz.......oder brands u can luk for are GB&A, Pluto etc....

In order of prefernce i would place:-
    1) Yamaha
    2) GB&A
    3) Pluto
    4) Granada

3. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

I need it immediately for recording. So i guess its only the normal pick ups i can get?

4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

How about a good mic? Piezos are expensive AFAIK

5. angel_of_sin

just pick a semi which doesn't give you much of a feedback....i think that should do the trick for recording.....

6. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

7. angel_of_sin

well i havn't heard really good reviews about pluto...i have played on it, it sounds very melodious, but the wood used is very hard and tends to bend frequently.....try going for a yamaha instead, or a GB&A they are much better..... But play the GB&A first and check the grain pattern thoroughly........

8. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Ok, dropped the piezo idea. Now looking for something with a basic pick up. I would much rather prefer a med size than a jumbo. Any one have any suggestions?

9. angel_of_sin

i have already given you my preference list.....and its based on my personal experience....i dunno if anybody else begs to differ......