Electric vs Acoustics Guitar

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by abhshriv, Jul 19, 2007.

1. abhshriv

abhshriv New Member

Hi All,
    I am planning to buy a new guitar, but I am not able to decide whether I should buy Electric or Acoustics.

In Electric I have 2 option in my budget:
    1. Behringer Vtone Pack (Rs. 8500) - German
    2. Silvertone Pack (Rs. 8500) - Chienese
    Both include Guitar+20W amplifier+ Digital tuner + Cover etc.

In Acoustics I have many options- Givson, Hober, Yamaha...

The thing is if I buy an electric guitar then I would be buying the low-end model, while if I buy Acoustics I will be buying a higher-end guitar.

I am not a professional guitarist and its my hobby. I have been Acoustics guitar for 2 yrs but now it got warped. So I think even a decent electric guitar is OK for me. But the only doubt I have is that whether this electric guitar will perform good or not. ( How reliable the amplifier and the guitar set is).

Please suggest me which one should I buy.

Thanks in advance

2. Buckethead

Buckethead New Member

Not the right section to post this in :p

But it depends what you want, if your going to play a lot of classical guitar, bluegrass/country then acoustic is the way to go, if your looking for blues and rock then electric really is the package for you.

In the Electric I suggest you get a Fender Strat Squire or an Ibanez GIO package. Both include picks, strap, amp and tuner and the whammy bar.

Here look at this guide: https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=2106

3. lazy_headbanger

lazy_headbanger New Member

Dude,it totally depends on you playin style and preference.

For eg:if you listen to rock,metal ans stuff like that,there's no point in stickin with an acoustic.

If you play like hindi stuff,jazz,pop then an acoustic will fit you fine.
    But remember the fact that you can get a lot of add-ons and playing styles out of an electric.hook it up to a processor and you got any music you want.

You also have a decent range.A Behringer is a good buy.

4. eerie_era

eerie_era New Member

i think it depends on ur style of muzzicc...buh it also depends how gud u r wid ur guitar..for instance

For me i guess playin riffs on an acoustic guitar of mines (YAMAHA F310) is quite difficult to get hold of... Wheras in electric its quite simple enuff for me to play any riff or solo wid also doin hammerins and bendin in it easily...

dis is in my opinion... (buh u c, i find playin leads quite difficult on an acoustic guitar) sooo its definetly upto da sorta muzic u play