Electric screwed up!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Seelan, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Seelan

Seelan Soldier Of Fortune

my god , my electric guitar is screwed .. Ok I don't know what's the problem so guys please help me out ... I don't use an amp for the guitar , well I just connect it to my hi-fi set (not enuff cash for an amp yet) .. Well when I plug in the cable , why does it make a real wierd noise .. some buffering sound .. Is my guitar spoilt ? It's a TGM electric .. and what about pickups ? DO I need to change the pickup thingy or just leave it as it is ??

2. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

yaar u are connect u guitar ti a hi fi so it wld make a wierd sound it will juss play lik acoustic ... dnt use it much u hi fi speakers will get spoiled.....coz i hav tried it too....dnt worry u guitar is alryte but cross chk it wid luither.......i think ur guitar is alryte

3. Rajeshwary

Rajeshwary New Member

You have a bad cable. Try changing cables.

4. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Hey seelan
    Dont worry there's nothing wrong with ur guitar. The buffering sound is just the overloading caused by the pickups in the guitar. The hi-fi is only so called and it is not designed for accepting high inputs from ur guitar. Did u plug in the 'microphone jack' or the'Auxilliary input'.
    The aux. jack should not give much problem but the mic jack would make the guitar sound very acousticy or just very "treble" sounding.

As rajeshwary says, try changing cables and check whether they are properly grounded.
    A guitar amp has a metal cabinet which provides proper sheilding against any radiation but the hi-fi my or may not have a metal cabinet but all grounding is done on a silly copper plate stuck inside the plastic body.
    All the best
    Luthier

5. Seelan

Seelan Soldier Of Fortune

oh ok .. thanks alot guyz!! shall go get the a new cable and amp ...

Cheerz..

6. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

good to knw ure guitar is alryte

7. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

luthier man , glad to have u near my area yaar.......jus wht the doc ordered for my guitar.....and seelan..ya change the cables..........else pm luthier.....hes the baap of such works....i tell u frm my experience....

8. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Never heard of TGM guitars.. Can you tell us some Pickup details?

9. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Yes sure tell us some more and we'll be able to help u some more.
    Regards
    luthier