Electric guitars...

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by all_that_rocks, Dec 20, 2005.

1. all_that_rocks

all_that_rocks New Member

I hv been playing the acustic for a long time. I am thinking of getting a electric guitar now... But I am a lot confused abt it. I keep hearing these stuffs like the amp, some distortion pedal and may more...
    Can any1 please explain in details what are those stuffs and what I need to to get started....

2. har1s

har1s <b>Untitled</b>

okay...well an electric guitar doesnt have a sound box like an acoustic...so u will need an amplifier (amp)... u connect ur guitar in the amplifier...then u hear the sound from ur electric guitar... it will sound like an acoustic unless DISTORTION is turned on....if ur amp has the distortion effect.. (most amps do)....then turn it on...n u get the distortion effect in ur music that u play from ur guitar... if amp doesnt have distortion... then u use a distortion pedal...which simply is a pedal...that swithes between distortion n the normal acoustic sound... step on da pedal to get the distortion...otherwise u get jus the normal sound..

i hope this explains ur query.... :)

3. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

amplifier= bhopu...guitar ko amplifier mein connect karo aur awaaz aati hai.