Electric Guitar .. suggestions ..

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by slashm, Sep 13, 2006.

1. slashm

slashm New Member

Hii , I am planning to buy an electric guitar for myself .. I am just a amateur and currently I have an acoustic but I think its time to switch to an electric now .. I have a budget of around 15k which can go at max upto around 20k if the deal is very good ... I was thinking of getting the amp and the guitar both in this budget ... Can ne one help me with probable options ... keeping in mind that I am not an expert guitarist and this would be my first electric guitar .. ..

I was thinking of going to furtadoes this weekend for the guitar , if u guys have any other shops in mind .. please let me know that too...

thanks in advance

2. axeman1986

axeman1986 New Member

3. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

yamaha pacifica, aria stg series, washburn x-10, samick,squier fat strat for the axes are good options...all around 10k.

marshall 15cd, fender 15w, laney, randall 15/20w amps are options for amps.....all around 5k...
    there you go.....

good luck

4. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

check the other threads
    many people ask this question

5. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

thats why i think we should put up a sticky for it :p

@axeman: wrong targets ;)

6. kingofduffers

kingofduffers New Member

hey dude, m stuck with the same dilemma...n with more or less the same budget...my suggestion is, go over to furtados, n ask the guy over there to show u the stuff under 15k, n which one wud he suggest for strtin out...n try them out as well, n look out for the samicks (greg bennet series), da kramer focus, squiers n yamaha especially, try them all out, n c which one u lyk da best..n then ask the experienced ppl here abt dat guitar, jus take ur tym with buyin it man, unless of corse u need it damn urgently or smthn.

7. slashm

slashm New Member

Thanks a lot guys for the help .... i better go to furtadoes and see what they have in store for me ... i was thinking about a fender standard strat .. but guess I have to manage with a squier strat .. neways thanks a lot for the suggestions ...

8. apray

apray New Member

I just bought a Samick Greg Bennett AV3 (used) for 9k - u'll get a new one for around 13k i think. It's a damn good Les Paul replica for it's price. I've played Fenders before and have played an Epiphone Les Paul also - while I won't say this guitar is at par with an American Fender, but I will surely say that it's not too far off from the Epiphone. It's certainly worth a try.

9. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

come on
    replicas can't be even a tenth good as the original
    all of us love our own baby (i'm talking about he axe)
    maybe that's wot makes us blind
    that's a good thing actually :p: