Electric Guitar and whammy rod (tremelo)

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sukrut, May 24, 2008.

1. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

try washburn as well.... and if u can spend about 15k, buy the rg321mh from ibanez.. that one is a fixed bridge rg very good for metal in the range..

2. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

i cant expand my budget very much man..........gotta restrict it to 12k......

washburn seems to be a good brand.........but their cheapest sells for around 12.5k........

and any ideas about the ibanez's being indian made???

3. eldrichr

eldrichr New Member

as far as i know,no ibanez is made in india, so you can forget about lower prices. ok granted, the low end ibanez's are not exactly great but then they come with two humbuckers.so...umm..ok i take that back.

as for a squire, ok fine, i take that back too but honestly, there's a world of difference between an ibanez neck and a squire neck. and as for the single coils on a squire, they can be modded out for rails. as far as i remember, the slots on a squire can hold a regular humbucker.

the squire i was talking about came in that pack with that sucky zero watt amp. that whole set up was terrible *cries*.

4. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

yeah, im gonna try out the squeir today.........the HSH layout is defintely tempting..........those fenders have as you said only one humbucking and one/two single coils........

and do any of you know some good shops in bangalore????

5. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

washburn n1 ..its 13k i think in bajaao

6. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

the squire that comes in the pack with an amp is absolutly crap.. its not the same one that sell for around 10k.. and try getting the washburn.. iu can find it for 11-12 starting in delhi..

7. wheelzkidd

wheelzkidd New Member

hmmm.. yeah that's the squier i tried out.. which had a faked out tremolo.. did ur's have a proper (read as "workable albeit crappy") tremolo..?

8. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

im defintely not going in for those starter packs man.....

i tried out the fender california strat/squier.......not so sure.........but it sucked......had only two single coils........not so much of an excellent fretboard........but it sold for around 8k.......so i guess it was worth.........

9. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Did u try the Yamaha Pacifica?

10. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

no.....i actually didnt go to the store......jus played on one of ma friend's guitar........he bought around 2 months ago.....

11. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

12. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

13. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

thanx guys for all your replies!!!!:nw:

but i have finally bought the 170 dx............

im getting it this afternoon.........:rock:

once again! :nw:

cheers!
    :beer:

14. wheelzkidd

wheelzkidd New Member

good 4 u.. the main thing is.. whatever guitar u buy.. u gotta be happy and satisfied with it.. and i'm sure u'll be with the ibanez..

tell u what.. to show u the "usability factor" of the whammy rod.. i'll post a video of me playing top gun anthem.. and checking the string tuning before and after the song.. (i just started learning the song.. and i'll try to post the rhythm part.. without the solo...)

once again.. congratulations...!!!

15. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

thanx man...........i love this baby!!!

its simply too good!!!

thanx once again everyone.........will post some pics soon.....

cheers!
    :beer: