effect pedals or processor

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by khuli, Oct 25, 2010.

1. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

More nice info. Thanks alpha1! :D

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

For 10k we can get a very good sounding hi-fi setup i guess.. Its good in case you plan to give up guitar u can still use it as a home theatre kinda setup.. :p:
    I really doubt if i'll ever buy a tube amp...

3. flood

flood New Member

ROFL

don't even get me started on hi-fi.

4. ultrabot90

Only a non pro, for whom there are other 'more important' things than music (if such a thing were possible), would say that.

...I know you don't mean it, Rickkky ;) :RollLol:

5. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Well i hate to break it to you guys.. but i am a non pro. Thats the reality.. and yes there are "more important" things to me in life than music.. coz music as a standalone career suck big time in India... Musicians beg in front of jerks to sell their CDs and Merch..Anyways, in case you guys dont have anything better.. then its time to find one..

6. ultrabot90

I think it's time you were introduced to classical guitar. Welcome to the addiction of learning. :RollLol:

Edit - (or that's just me who can go on learning, building a repertoire, performing without a care for money (what are commercial projects for? = avenue to apply the knowledge we love, on a field that'll give money. Kinda like IPL for musicians.), for his whole life?)

Edit 2 - You need to get off the Internet and find the true fun of being a musician. *thumbs up*

7. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

You keep rolling and loling.. and the world will LoL back at you..

8. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

A hobbyist musician and a professional musician can never agree :)

That is equivalent to asking a guy who plays computer games for fun to be as serious about it as a professional video game tester... Both enjoy it, but the latter looks at it as really serious business...

9. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Exactly... I have a studio band and it'll ever be confined to that..

some questions for you...

How many gigs have you played till now?
    Wat are your achievements?
    How many tracks have you composed?
    How would you rate yourself as a musician on the scale of 10?
    Where do you see yourself after 10 years from now?
    Is music alone enough for your survival?

If all your responses are positive then why do you waste your time on internets.. and that too IGT !!!

Talking like a pro is different from being one...

(apologies if you find it rude)

10. flood

flood New Member

WOW.

amazing to see how a simple investigation of a musical dichotomy escalates into a meditation on the essence of the musician into thinly veiled opining into a full blown flame war.

this is not IGT.

this is madness.

THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAA!

FIGHT ******S FIGHT!!!

11. flood

flood New Member

ultrabot90 rickky called you a stupid and rickky ultrabot called you a dumb

LET THESE PAGES BURN WITH FLAMES

12. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Folk off you troll..I curse you'll die in a flood in your bathtub.. :p: Its just a discussion.. let it remain like that..

13. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

Lol^100...

14. ultrabot90

That's the exact reason I'm not around as much anymore.

15. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

You just proved it by replying after 15 hours... while otherwise you hardly take anytime in replying.. :p:
    Anyways.. its good if you're good in what you do and if you wanna do it forever and love it more than anything else.. but in the process don't make a fool out of yourself by pretending to be the one.. Best Wishes !!!

16. ultrabot90

That's the second time I've seen this. This really burns me up because I can't record yet. Wait till I get my hands on someone who can let me record on their setup... >.>

To wit,
    kekeke

17. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I wish the burning desire do you something good.. I would really love to be proved wrong..

18. ultrabot90

All in good time... ^^

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

For 10K you can only get Creative and Logitechs.

My amp alone right now is slightly >10K and it runs outta breath with high dynamic sounds (like thunder or bullet shots or classical music at high volume). Slight clipping - even though rated at 125 W-rms per channel.

And the reason why I can hear it running outta breath is because of 30K speakers (which despite the price, still have a slightly less bass <60Hz response). Mid-range and hi-end is fine - though I would want a tad sparkly >12kHz.

So, with almost 40K spent - do I consider it hi-fi enough?
    Well for many circumstances yes, but then there are moments (plenty) when you feel - how nice it would be to have a more dynamic 125 W amp (~30K) (like NAD or Rotel) with speakers that can handle that much power and generate audio bliss (~70K).

So at 1 Lac - will I consider perfect Hi-fi setup?
    LOL, only time and money can tell ...

On second thoughts - no, otherwise Krell and stuff would be out of market.

20. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

What hi-fi setup do you have?