Ecman Amps..Reviews needed!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by dennis, Dec 25, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

It's not with AMT or ROcktron SIlver Dragon. To my knowledge very high gain distortion stomp boxes dont go well with tube amps. Another sad thing about AMT pedal it, it doesn't sound great with the gain kept at zero and also doesn't clean up well with the rolling down of the guitar volume knob. Modded BD2 rules here.

2. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

I suggest you ask him that. ^^^^^^

And yes I have played his amps.

3. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Thats the beauty of the Silver Dragon..its first low gain "tube" mode sounds real good..hopefully it should work well with tube amps too(at zero setting and low guitar volume..it cleans up nicely too:))..second high gain stage might not sound that good...

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well on a tube amp the best bet will be using something that ronnieanand was planning to dispose: Treble booster

For any distortion produced from amp, u dont need even a slight dirty signal going as input, the input signal should be as clean as possible.

For general rhythm, the tube amp will get the normal signal from trhe pickups and produce a weak distortion (overdrive actually)
    For the leads - u kick in the treble booster - which will increase the input signal (with increased treble component) and drive the tuebs further to produce higher distortion.

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hey. What does this mean ^^^^^^. Every now and then people keep putting this ^^^ and what is it supposed to be. I kinda felt that it's a reference to some previous post or previous post's author. Some are short like ^^ and some are long ^^^^^. What do they mean.

6. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

^^^^^It means this particular text is of reference to the previous post

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Like this?

8. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

second that^^^^^^^ ;)

9. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

^^^^^^aha!!

10. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

^^spammer^^^spammer^^^^spammer:p:
    See??You can put it in a list too..;)

11. sridhar11_2

Come on get back on topic. Where are ECMAN amps avialable?

12. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

Its a Kolkatta based company , but i think they ship anywhere

13. sridhar11_2

How do you get in touch with them. Is there any way to get their catalouge or something

14. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

I think you have to mail them .
    Dunoo check out the URL dmf gave