EASTERN LOVE VS WESTERN LOVE: What do you think?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by dlogic, Jul 13, 2005.

1. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

2. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Either ways, if u get to do YOUR thing ;),......awesome!!! heeh :)

3. somendra_guitar

somendra_guitar New Member

well love is love eastern or western??

4. golisoda

golisoda Comfortably Numb

I guess true love is love anyways we see it. Eastern world doesnt like to show off their love in public...they dont kiss, embrace each other. this doesnt mean they dont love each other. western world on the other hand is not apprehensive to show their love thru touch. Its just the way we all are brought up. There is nothing wrong if you look in a fair way. IMO do not take sides(e or w) and love your girl or boy the way u want to. Every one is unique so is ur love... so let it come out. Sometimes it is really imp to show ur love thru some medium coz not always u send the message to the other one with just being there.

5. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

ohh my gosh golisoda:
    c'mon ... everyone knows that hackneyed stuff ...

6. Detective

Detective New Member

eastern love is more conservative and to me more innocent than western love. this assumption is clearly coming from years of bollywood movies in comparison to hollywood movies where there depiction of love is generally a reflection of society. from other stand points, eastern love can be seen more as religious than western which is more per miscues. example the kama sutra. with it's introduction to the western world, they primarily focused on the ***ual content of the book and now sell it as a mere pillow book. now if i had to choose one to go with I’d have to go with eastern love. I’d rather kiss a girl on the cheek these days anyway.

7. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hey Mr. Gumboot ...
    u sound as if u are a parent of two-three kids ...

b.t.w. what is "innocent love" ... ? ... objectively, i felt that love (obviously s*xual) is just a means provided by the nature to preserve the species ... nature is not innocent ...

8. jhinga_lala

jhinga_lala New Member

western love is more of showing off because western people are insecure about their love ..... they believe that if they don't show it off (like other people) .. they're gonna lose it ... typical problem of a society in which it is OK to sleep with anyone anyday

9. Detective

Detective New Member

eastern love has more characteristics of innocents, that's what meant. yes love is for procreation and that is the nature of species, but the expericene that is required for love and the times when it is known, that's where eastern and western are different and the innocents comes in. eastern love is candid and lawful at almost all ages, with exceptions, while western love has no bounds and shows more per miscuity in all ages, with exceptions.

10. sisu

sisu New Member

why on earth someone would like to differentiate love....just love...keep lovin...
    its all for loav......

11. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

yeah sisu ... thats it ... thats the spirit ...

i dunno y ppl try to keep differentiating things as western and eastern ... occidental and oriental ...

it is stupid ... and even more stupid is trying to say that one thing is better than other ...
    especially these basic instinctive emotions ...

it is only the prevailing culture which masks these emotions to some degree ... how much masking is there depends on the culture ...

to some extent mayB we all can generalise that western culture allows less masked behavior, as compared to eastern ... however, that in no way makes it better or worse than eastern ... that holds true for love, anger, happiness, sorrow ... (u can keep adding to the list)

i guess that answers the topic question ... "What do you think guys whats the difference??"

the diff is MASKING ... thats the keyword ...

12. sisu

sisu New Member

hmmmm.........

13. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

@ssslayer....i think thats what this thread is about the MASKING...obviously love is a universal comman feeling and cant be different........

14. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

LOVE.........??...what is it..:eek::...I don't know...Does anyone know??...What is it..??

15. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hey nik ...
    i got a perfect song for you ...
    this is from some hindi movie of 1990-96 era ...
    the song goes like this ...

What is love ...
    What is love ...
    Kya hai pyar ...
    Kya hai pyar ...
    Kyun ye hhota hai ...
    Kaise hota hai ...
    itna batade mere yaar ...

LOL ...