E-bands??

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by i'm_not_neo, Sep 18, 2007.

1. i'm_not_neo

i'm_not_neo el valor máximo absoluto

Well I've never heard of this concept so forgive me if it's already being implemented..but I was wondering,what if an e-band is formed,here at IGT.The idea is to create/reproduce a song by combining different people.Say you havea song at IGT:ST and you liked the vocals but not the guitaring,then you can try to collaborate your vocals with some1 who has bad vocals but good guitaring.Share the same audio file to different members and let each member add a layer of audio (whatever he's good at like drums,bass guitar,etc.) and let someone who's good at mastering recordings edit it for noise cancellation,EQ,etc..and you have a perfect song.
    Well,the idea is,if you like the end product you can decide to actually meet up and form the band (if that's possible).

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Doest work.

Atleast in India.

3. i'm_not_neo

^This I ask out of curiosity...why??
    I mean the concept is feasible.Well maybe people won't get together to form a band but I don't think ppl will be reluctant to at least give it a shot.

4. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

He's speaking by experience : )

5. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

i can lay the guitar parts if anyone is interested...

6. i'm_not_neo

Okay.

The best thing that can happen : A good band gets formed.

A good thing that can happen : People try to collaborate their work for a better song,but that's about as far as it goes.

The worst thing that can happen : This thread gets old with about say 10 replies.No one tries to do anything.

It may or may not work,but most importantly,it can work.Out of the 3 possibilities none will affect my life/any1s life majorly.So what's the harm in trying??

I don't know if I'm being optimistic or naive,but recordings can be a lot better if each shares his/her talent in a group effort rather than mediocre individual attempts.This does not apply to every one though..

7. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

TLDR

Dont write long posts unless you actually have a lot to say.

8. i'm_not_neo

Boo-hoo I bored you..

Okay,agreed..the summarizing skills suck.But I needed to elaborate it at least once.Though lengthy as it is,it expresses what I wanted to say.

9. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

OK, just coz you agreed, I read your post :p

Of course there's no harm in trying, I'm sure more people will come forward to participate. Have fun!

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

and again!

This concept has been around. Lack of recording equipment will really hamper the idea. I once did a collaboration with 13 other people to record a 7 minute song. They were awfully nice and they touched up my tracks a lot but it still wasn't upto scratch.

11. i'm_not_neo

But were the collaborated tracks good(compared to individual attempts)???Or did they get worse??

Btw,is this collaborated song at IGT??

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

They were worse obviously. Playing together is quite difficult since you have to play according to what the person before you has played, continue in a similar vein and then perhaps take it further. Also, never ever having played together before make it even more so. It didn't come off very well as most of the guitarists were not really into the same genre so playing styles were all over the place.

However, it was still fun and can be done.

First someone make a backing track.

Everyone pick slots and record something.

Send to the main guy who mixes and produces.

It's probably the simplest way to go about it.

13. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

@not_neo

The kind of collaboration you seem to be talking about can work if you're talking about covering songs. Like, someone plays the guitar, someone else sings, etc. Otherwise, what bjr said seems more appropriate.

14. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

^^we still have to record zombie together.
    remember?

15. i'm_not_neo

Well I had cover songs in mind,actually.The point was that if the musicians involved are satisfied with the cover songs,they should try to get together as a band.I did not mean they should work literally as an e-band.

16. i'm_not_neo

@bjr..yes,the music styles do play an important part.But that's the advantage we have.We have tonnes of recordings here which we can go through to choose someone you find will be good for your music.

But I do get your point,and yes,it will be a trial and error process.

17. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Haha, I wont be singing that anymore. You can sing AND play it if you want :p

18. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

the closest thing to an e-Band thing was me a friend of mine form bangkok nd akash in mumbai jamming together online. if some1 can tell me how to record the line out then we would like have real time live recording too>

i configure the streamers right, it still doesn't work though.

19. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

the best thing tht can happen is seeing wizzy's remarks on this idea, don't see him around, is still with IGT at all?

nd yeah i just rememberd tht there was something about alpha1s age , tht i can't really remember, could any1 remind me? :D

20. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

That he's 13 years old? :grin: