Drive - Incubus (Acoustic Cover)

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by notty_lad, Apr 25, 2006.

1. sachoo

sachoo drenched in my pain again

hey really nice one notty boy ... n i wud say tht better vocals frm b4. awesome guitaring n coz it's really hard to sing this number while u guitar. n yes good leads too, sounds good with strumming. reps for sure.. :beer: .. oops forget .. rocking whisting ;)

2. DJCrunkMix

DJCrunkMix Get crunked up!

Nice voice :) and punchy strumming... I love this song, its one of the best by incubus (also, I like "I miss you" :eek::). You can definitely practice on your vocals and improve upon it. Also, the chords are a bit off at places especially at "Would you choose water over wine".

~ DJ

PS - Loved the "du du dud du du" part at the end :). Reps to ya !

Edit: Spreading prob :( cant rep you

3. @notty_lad im your fan...:nw: amazing guitaring...nice vocals...i have heard your kangna..man that was same...reps buddy...notty :rule:

4. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

@sachoo .. thanx bud .. I've recorded the track n vocals seperately ..

@Djcrunk n Devilshly(Is it a typo of Devilishly?) thankies fella's .. great to hear from u two .. :beerbob:

.:SpY_GaMe:. and Devilshly_Pur$ like this.
  5. naaaah...it devilshly....hey i want the complete chords and plucking of kangna if u can pm me..thanks notty

6. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

7. broken_strings

broken_strings New Member

Hi 2 Al

Hi everyone, its really good to have a site like this...Hatz OFF to the ones who are supporting such an INdian Guitar Site.
    Hope 2 come across many new frinds out here,,,,,,**** Guitar,,,,,,,& Love it after...

8. broken_strings

broken_strings New Member

Its Just not one world we are living..our existance can be someone else's Dream. So do not evr think ur self to be the real person coz u may be not the one u think u r.
    Dont read my postss.....if u read it.try to understnd wat i mean to say and incase u cant feel free to come under my roof of the cursed & damned.

9. DJCrunkMix

notty, can you tell me the chords for this song ? There are LOTs of versions around on the internet.

10. max_payne16

max_payne16 New Member

superb cover
    i dint hear th original song though
    but liked urs
    nice work

11. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

@Dj .. 100s of versions on the Net .. U'l jz get confused .. Play this n U'l do more than fine .. Chords are very simple but Its the way u strum them does the trick .. Strumming is important here rem .. I can't explain The strummin in text coz its a mixture n combo of [Picking distinct Notes, Hammering Higher strings, Muting] .. so U'l have to listen to audio carefully ..

Em - [022000]
    D - [000232]
    Cmaj7[032000] .. confused that Cadd9 - [032020] also sounds good .. though I played neither but played the notes of Cmaj7 Elsewhere on the fretboard .. But Cmaj7 or Cadd9 shud do fine ..
    Asus2 - [002200] .. Though A7 - [002020] also sounds good ..

In the Bridge (i.e. Its driven me before ...) C A C A .. timing important .. That's it ..

n Thankies Max .. :)

12. Acoustic_Allure

Acoustic_Allure New Member

Good one notty!!! Impressive strumming...vocals very good (not in comparison with the original, coz its a cover and then there is always a difference in the accent)....On an fair ground...very very good cover!
    Notty..you should now be in the IGT hall of fame!

13. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^Thankies Brotha .. good to hear from u .. I always hear from u .. which is great .. Beer piyega kya ?? :beerbob: ..

Regarding IGT hall of fame .. U're so right :p:

14. DJCrunkMix

You need to listen to the original. Its one of the best songs by Incubus.

15. guitarangela

guitarangela gran'ma

uff, finally got some time to listen to it...it was really nice...as i have said before, I am more into your english covers than hindi cover;)....
    very nice vocals,...guitarring-impressive as welll....this time, ur accent was not THat recognizabe either.......yeah, YAAY to whistling as well:)...
    reps if allowed.....:):nw:

16. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Thanx RANGELA :p: .. Always great to hear from u >:D<