Download Jhoot By The Rising. The Next Big Thing in Pakistani music industry

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by The Rising, Aug 18, 2005.

1. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@rising - can u xplain me what is that broken egg doing in ur wallpaper
    ?!:p:and pls change the name of the band yaar.its soundsl ike a tribute to mangal pandeyy!

2. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

No offence pls,.... but the wallpaper is so freakin funnyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,.... heheheehe

Man i laffed ma balls out........ those two egg half's are lookin like balls man,..... n the to add to the effect,.. those tree's/root's whatever r serving the purpose perfectly!!! :RollLol:

3. The Rising

The Rising New Member

lol.
    don't you think it's a bit too late for changing the name now. and when we made the band we had no idea amir's movie will be called that. we knew that he was doing a movie mangal paney but not the rising.
    as for wallpaper comeon can't you see the lyrics in the picture. look at the shadow, look at the dude going towards egg. of course egg is used as a symbol. and aakkyy21 errr you sure those look like your balls. i read this news on bbc that a lady grabbed her boy friends ONE BALL and ripped it from where it should be. and then tried to swallow it. i hope that wasn't you. =/. no offence mate i was just kidding.
    anyways nice observation.lol.
    cheers
    The Rising.
    =)

4. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

C'mon man,... u clearly got offended..... hmmm,..... i wonder wat would your reaction be if i say something about the song.,.... err,.. nee wys,.. i respect hard work n music,.... so chill,..... ball band. :RollLol: No offence huh,... :p:

5. The Rising

The Rising New Member

dude i did not get offended. i know you were kidding man. it was just for your info the bbc thing that is. oh and another thing the lady did that testicle feast because her boyfriend was cheating on her. (i'd recommend the whole story it kicks major ass) ;). dude by all means criticize the song. we would really appriciate that. atleast we'll know where we lack. there is no problem in criticism and only fools will get offended by criticism. so take a chill pill.
    btw the wallpaper is about a man trying to start his life again after being all pessimist and ****.. and is going back towards the egg which represents the begining. (thats what the chorus of the song is about.) but his shadow still wants to be in the darkness and hence it is going in the opposite direction. (and this is what the verse is about).

cheers
    The BALL band =p The Rising
    =D

6. Imranyou2k5

Imranyou2k5 New Member

i think its really intelligent and u deserve credit for it also the song is really good dont worry so far no one said its bad and if someone tells u its bad then they just have different taste in music i wanted to ask u is 15 to 20 thousand to record one song or the whole album?? cuz i need to know how much to take to lahore this time i go

7. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

lol...i kno its offtopic but dis might inetrest some
    https://www.testyfesty.com/

8. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@cypher - was that the bull/cow that mrfreeze lifted the tail off!

9. Jamke

Jamke New Member

Its a nice song, but I would make a few changes:

1) In the middle of the song, you start with the tabla beats - I would remove that, cause they don't go with the other beats.
    2) Would kinda go low on the heavy guitars towards the end, I don't know about Pakistan, but in India this won't appeal with the masses, i.e. if you are planning to launch your album for the masses.
    3) At the end, when you start the high pitch singing, it doesn't quite go with the pitch of the music. Try to improve on that.

On the whole I liked the song!!! Again, this is just my point of view about the song and the changes that I would do to it, you can imply if you want to.

Keep up the good work & hope to hear more of your music!!

Best wishes,
    Mudit

10. skaw

skaw snooze

Great song I must say, no reason to be called unprofessional. Very professional enough. And I would add, that you are good, but surely not good enough to be put in the mainstream. I mean, this is your one song, what about the others. But if all your tracks are as good as this one, then surely, your album will be put in the mainstream. As always, thats a personal statment.

Intro is pretty good. Made me want to listen the whole song. The vocal, infact are great. No doubt about the lyrics and vocals. I listen to it, just because I wanted to hear those lyrics be sung. But one thing is that the song lacks togetherness. The tabla is basically want makes it broken. I don't know how it might have sounded without the table during "surkh rang ki yeh mitti" to "rehne do aaj mujhe" (time: 2.04 - 2.32) but well it sounds ok too there. I would say, try another alternative, but if not then it still sounds fine.

The solo, is quiet good but (as zoom said) short. Solo break-out is just outstanding. But what I would mention is that, it might sound better if the solo gradually comes in, rather than suddenly. The distorted guitar can clearly be heard being cut of, it might sound better if let the distorted guitar be played, and started the solo at its original timing. Or another way could be, to let the distorted guitar go down to a low volume and then let the solo begin. In the attachment you can see how they sound like, its like parts of two complete different songs.

Oh well, that was just my criticism. Ignore it if you may.

Good Work! Keep it up.

Attached Files:

11. The Rising

The Rising New Member

Thank you Jamke and skaw for listening and then posting your criticism.
    about the high pitch singing. the idea was to make sure both the harmony and the vocals have the same sound level. maybe thats why you didn;t like the ending. i guess you'd like the normal low volume harmonies.
    the thing about solo coming gradually and solo coming suddenly is that if it comes gradually you'd be expecting it but and "might" not have that much effect unless it is exceptional. but if it comes suddenly it does have an awesome effect as you are not expecting it and it hits you by surprise. of course thats what we think.
    the duration of the siolo is 1 minute 40 seconds in a 4:54 song. don't you think making the solo longer would not sound good? we think it's already too long. in fact some people said that it is too long.
    didn't understand the attached file though. you said they are both different songs. i thought they were parts from jhoot. no?
    dude if the criticism is positve (like you guys have done) it would be extremely foolish to ignore it. i belive someone will critcize you only if he/she likes your work and would want it to be better. so there is no point ignoring such healthy criticism.

12. kl12

kl12 (Ghost Note)

give chords yaar..

13. skaw

skaw snooze

the sound clip was to show how different it sounds .. but its the way it is .. so nevermind all that i said