Doubt on Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Pedal?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by micraft, Mar 25, 2006.

1. micraft

micraft New Member

I just bought a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Pedal second hand for like 2800Rs. I couldn't test it in the store, they didn;t have the cables. My guitar is in my room near college, i;ll be going there today afternoon. I just hope to God it works.

I tried connecting an adaptor and the check light didn't light, and when i tried a 9V battery i didn;t light as well, but i think the battery is almost dead.
    This is my first pedal. Please guys just temme that the check light will only light when the input and output of the pedal are connected.

I know this is a metal effects pedal, but what kind of equalizer setting should i set it to play rock, like bryan adams (SUmmer of 69).

Anyone who owns this please help me out, and how does the polarity of the adaptor go, the inscription is faded on this pedal, the negative is inside rite?
    Can i use a normal variable adaptor on this?

PLease help me out, asap.

2. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

First of all congrats on the pedal. The light is gonna be on only if a cable is plugged in the input so dont worry for now try getting cables and testing it out. I'm pretty sure that the normal 9v adapter should work but i generally use batteries since its safer and a lot less messy with the wires.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well d00d, the pedal name is???

Metal Zone, you wont get any Bryan Adams tone out of it. But yes you can try to lower the gain as much as possible.
    Cut all the treble.

In general hat wil take you closer to the sound you are looking for. Ofcourse you wont get the same tone + the EQ on amp also matters a lot.

For Summer of 69 - Boss SD-1 would ve been the best.
    Normaly most of the adaptors have negative center dont worry.