does weight matter...???

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by abhinav_1010, Aug 12, 2007.

1. abhinav_1010

abhinav_1010 New Member

i have a ibanez grg270 my question is do all ibanezes weigh the same...coz mine is too heavy i liked aria guitars they r much lighter...plz advise

2. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Weight definitely Contributes to the tone.

The weight differs according the model you choose. This implies not just to Ibanez Guitars but all other brands.

Many of us believe that the main element in the Guitar's sound are the guitar Pickups. Thats true without Pickups ur Electric guitar would have no sound at all.....However wood contributes to a major extent in the sound quality. coz Pickups rest underneath the vibrating strings and are placed within the wood..

Heavier wood sustains well an has lot of bass in it....

Lighter wood gives a very muddy sound and doesnt really stand out among the other instruments when u play it....However +ve thing bout those is that your back wont pain much ;-) ....

Ur Ibanez has A Basswood body..This is a lighter weight wood which gives a very warm tone......Keep ur guitar..Its good............:)

3. abhinav_1010

abhinav_1010 New Member

thanks man...so i think i just change the pickups to di marzio...it'll be perfect then....how r fender strats???the standard one??

4. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Ohhh Fender....are awesome...nothin lik them.......
    Standard one costs around 45K........Its really cool....

Yeah Dimarzio Pickups are the best......the sound quality would be great with those........

U plannin to buy Fender????

5. abhinav_1010

abhinav_1010 New Member

ya im plannin to get it from US...but tat will tke time...but around november ill be buyin a esp or jackson./..can anyone help me in recordin in the wat is the setup in studios n costs n all...

6. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

well dont go blow money on expensive studio equipments. I have a tiny setup. Pretty ok quality recordings....

Shure PG57 mic
    Behringer UB802
    Cheap soundcard
    Creative Speakers (lol i know)
    Cubase LE (got it free with processor)

I can record my band playing at home and it turns out pretty good although i havent done the full band yet since they never show up all together lol. Will do soon as i have moved into another room and getting it all setup

7. umangu

umangu New Member

I find that lighter electrics start vibrating (due to the amp) much faster and this leads to feedback.