does anybody use the be3 Solution 18 1x10 Combo here?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by benchwarmer, Mar 23, 2011.

1. benchwarmer

benchwarmer New Member

actually i wanna buy one amp now and i never saw this amp except the picture :) . My budget is 20k. its sorta fits in there. so if u share your thoughts it would be a sheer help.

and any other suggestions are gleefully welcome.

2. overkill

overkill New Member

Never heard of it. Other user on the site, theghost, recommends Roland Cube.

3. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Mail ansar and ask him for clips. Be3 amplifiers are hand made all tube amplifiers.

@overkill: www.be3amplifiers.com

4. benchwarmer

benchwarmer New Member

@thehundredthone
    thanks for that. I will surely ask.
    one question,
    have u ever experienced it?

5. deepsal

deepsal New Member

it has decent cleans but a harsh overdriven tone
    what kind of music do yoi play/want to play

6. deepsal

deepsal New Member

Ansar is a great amp tech he can make you awesome amps but his expertise is in bluesy amps

7. sid_ggw

sid_ggw New Member

@deepsal with all due respect you are way off base there...I happen to own one for the past 2 years and it is way better than all the chinese made crap that floats around passing for tube amplifiers around here...and yes i have played every thing from laneys to peavys etc etc
    Others can support me on this..

@benchwarmer I have a custom built 2 channel 1x12 18 watt Be3 amp based on the solution 18 which is what ur interested in right...
    The clean channel is based on a fender bassman...which has the that beautiful bluesy bell like chime which we expect from a superlative fender clean channel
    the distortion channel is based on a hotrodded Marshall JCM 800 and has got the roar of a british made head...with a fat and piecing leads and good for your classic rock stuff.
    If ur into heavy metal too..then you can do a std metal zone/DOD in front of the clean channel which gives you monster palm mutes and great bottoms.
    Also if ur into multifxes till now...then great compatibility with them...i use the 4cm method to hook up my aging gt-6 to it...it sounds sickk
    in addendum the amps are hand wired and hence super reliable (no probs in the past 2 years)and Ansars a goddam genius when it comes to stretching your buck so just trust him on that...
    adios..

8. sid_ggw

sid_ggw New Member

PS the samples are outdated...
    ill try and record something once i get some time..or if ur in delhi u can check out my rig...pm me

9. deepsal

deepsal New Member

yes i know the samples are outdated ansar kicks ass
    i am going to get a guitar 2x12 cab built by him
    and i disagree with what you said about boss metalcore pedal,it sucks donkeys,its an absolute no balls pedal mids and bass controls on it are non useable metalmuff is wayy better than metalcore

10. wylder

wylder Member

I think he is talking about the MT-2 Metal Zone not Metal Core... Metal Zone has loads of mids if thats what you like... But the best part is its parametric mid control. Its good for outright metal distortion and not for Overdrive. It does not clean up at all if u turn down ur volume on ur guitar.
    Good for Zakk Wylde-ish, over the top distorted JCM800 tones.

Let us know how the 2x12 comes out. I wanna get one made too

11. deepsal

deepsal New Member

You can always get one made ansar has been making cabs for years

12. wylder

wylder Member

Yeah, but a few positive reviews would help...

13. deepsal

deepsal New Member

There aint no good or bad in the cabs only 2 things matter
    1st quality of wood used
    2nd its dimentions
    i am getting one built on a mesa 2x12 recto cab

14. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Hi guys, i understand this is an old thread but didn't want to create a new one for a related question.

Where are you guys getting the price of the amps on be3amplifiers website? I wasn't able to find any mention of price anywhere.

15. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

16. akshay.p

akshay.p New Member

I've checked the price of the be3 solution 18 only a few days back. 30k...

17. akshay.p

akshay.p New Member

@sid_ggw

If you don't mind me asking how much did you have to pay for it? cos my requirements are similar.