Do u use anti-spyware software

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by nebuchadnezzar, Feb 23, 2005.

1. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Hey do u guyz use any anti-spyware softwares likes Ad-Aware?...
    just brought this up coz many ppl dunno about spyware..and keep wondering how their IE suddenly got so slow..or why are some sites being redirected to vague unknown ones....ppl are aware of viruses but spyware often escapes attention.....

2. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

yeh Ad aware is the most popular..i use it too but there r better.

3. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

i don't use spyware cuz i exist inside a LAN and behind strong firewalls . also i use an antivirus which has an inbuilt firewall on my computer which restricts LAN access both to and fro

4. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i use ad-aware....... its free and good.

besides there's spybot search and destroy.

the best anti-virus are norton, mcaffe and AVG. i use the last one & its free too :D

5. abhay_saxena

yeah i use AVG and mcafee. .. mcafee is good too but norton slows down the comp a bit too much ..

6. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

Microsoft Antispyware BETA and AVG Free v7.0!

Get it here:
    https://g.msn.com/mh_mshp/787

If u really want to remove all those browser hijacks and trojan.. Microsoft has released this gem of a beauty to help all Windows users troubled with IE...

One scan and your PC is back like fresh life! And it prevent re-infection!
    Works in real! Untill now all other anti-spyware software werent giving the output i wanted! Something...somewhere they missed to remove and that made the spyware infection again!

REgards,
    Zooom...!!

7. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

@Abhay...I have anti-virus and firewall on my PC...which is behind the firewall of the institute....still sum spyware does come thru....so i periodically chk with Ad-aware..and half the times sumthing is there...

8. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

i use all of the below:

SpySweeper
    Ad-Aware
    Spybot
    Stinger
    AVG
    Spyware Blaster
    Spyware Bazooka
    Microsoft Anti Spyware
    Hi Jack This!
    CWShredder

Just glad i got rid of Nortons :)

9. rabi_sultan

you want a tip then install AVG, SpySweeper and Mozilla Firefox. Then go and burn IE and bury it 50ft under the ground where it belongs.

10. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :&quot;(

@abhay.. ya norton is a real burden... avg works fine...
    but i hrd.. Norton 2005 is good.. it doesnt use up the resources like its ancestors did..

@Nebu.. i use Ad-Aware SE Professional and Spyware Version 3.1.0.312.. can get it frm download.com

@Zoom... thnx 4 the link zoom.. wil chk it out n let u know.

11. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

spybot is the best. free and effective+ easy updating

12. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

i never use spy ware... or any kinda anti virus..

i use norton ghost instead.. best fast and safe

13. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

@rabi......I have Kasperky antivirus,ZoneAlarm and always use Firefox...wat I am saying is..1 or 2 spyware still manage to come thru...hence the checks are necessary.....i never dug up IE from the load of crap its buried under:):p:...seriously.. never use it...

14. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

Ad-Aware SE Personal :nw:

15. nadish

nadish Active Member

No I dont use Any Spyware Software. Tell me what they r???

16. rabi_sultan

SpySweeper - IMPORTANT. You get this and it will kick the crap out of 99% of spyware out there. You need to subscribe in order to get the latest updates but it still is an excellent program and highly recommended even if you use slightly older files and not register. Besides you get the first month for free ;)
    Ad-Aware - popular and good. helps get rid of a lot of data miners and cookies. Recommended Download.
    Spybot - much like ad-aware and just as popular. Recommended Download.
    Stinger - IMPORTANT! this is a stand alone scanner that locates worms. The database is small but nevertheless gets rid of the most problematic worms that can hit your windows desktop. is also free.
    AVG - IMPORTANT! use this instead of Norton Anti Virus. This is free and every bit as good.
    Spyware Blaster - never really used it much but i heard its good.
    Spyware Bazooka - never really used it much but i heard its good.
    Microsoft Anti Spyware - Microsoft entering another market. They have a few security gurus in their ranks so this product should be good but its pretty new from what i know. Recommended Download
    Hi Jack This! - IMPORTANT! This outputs the registry details which you can then post on a spyware forum and they'll let you know whats wrong
    CWShredder - Helps get rid of that nuisance Cool Web Search bar. Recommended Download.
    Cookie Monster - No don't worry you don't have to lock that cookie jar the Cookie Monster is actually a program that manages those cookies that get downloaded. Recommended Download.

17. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

where can i get this "stinger" from ???

18. abhay_saxena

@nebu .. : even i am behind insti firewalls but i've never got any spy attacks come through . though i also have AVG installed which keeps track of all that .
    morever mostly i am on linux which is FREE OF ALL THIS !

19. rabi_sultan

use google

20. aleric

aleric New Member

I use eTrust Pest Patrol. I think its the best you can get. Or maybe thats because of the fact that I work for the company which owns this product ;)