do u really understand what hard rockers sing?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by mrfreeze, Aug 3, 2005.

1. mrfreeze

mrfreeze The coolest one!!!

hey ppl........it's just that most of the time i cant really understand what they sing in those hard rock songs.......nirvana was the most difficult to understand....u really had to listen hard to get what they sang

what bout u guys? am i the only one with cloth ears?

2. Gurs

Gurs New Member

Hey man, yea, it is a bit hard sometimes, but I dont think it matters, as long as you can hear the guitar riff!

Its a lot easier if you have the lyrics in front of you! =P

3. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

What I'd suggest is listen to some songs with the lyrics in front of you.....then slowly you can start picking up lyrics from songs with 90% accuracy. :rock:

4. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

for me hard rock is the guitar and the drums...i least bother about the lyrics

5. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

I can hardly ever decipher what is Curt Cocaine trying to sing.
    But otherwise I can mostly understand what most sing. Though it is difficult in the beginning

6. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

hahaha!i spent lot of time figuring out what ironamdien and metallica used to sing before i had net!

7. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

and now if u compare my figured out lyrics with the original u mwill strt laughing!

8. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Lyrics do play an important role in a song for me, if u hear a particular band for long,... u start understanding the lyrics in some while!!

9. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

hey dude, lyrics are also an imp part of a song structure !!

and yeah even i found it tough at the start especially dave mustaine and bruce dickinson but now i understand what they sing and if i have any doubts i refer to the lyrics !

10. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

how do u expect to hear the lyrics in heavy metal...is thers a lot of Distortion...bass n drums....
    in rock Vocals doesnt matters much but the guitars are the real thing

11. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

yeah i know...but i also said FOR ME

12. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

yeah ...
    i dont listen to hard rock / heavy metal for lyrix ... it is nothing but guitar + bass + drums ...

for lyrix ... i go to soft rock ... or pop rock ... or mebbe even pop ...

13. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

smtimes i do...if i dont i refer to da net....
    but does neone understands growling.....i mean stuff done by bands like cannible corpse...

14. mrfreeze

mrfreeze The coolest one!!!

man. lyrics are important.........just see the lyrics on 'nothing else matters', or 'one' by metallica
    me thinks that once u get the lyrics, u enjoy the song twice as much

15. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Try deciphering what Nik Bullen or Lee Dorrian were saying on the first two napalm death albums.

16. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

yeah..thts y i dont like death metal...
    anyways, music goes way beyond lyrics.

dlogic likes this.
  17. nadish

nadish Active Member

Noppppppppppppp!!!!!! I can't understand even Mizraab's(Faraz Anwer) lyrics...

18. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

cannibal corpose... hahahahahaha..... theyre so bad.. theyre just noise.........

good lyrics - pink floyd - the only ones i bother to lsiten to - in metal - yes u can make out sabbatyh lyrics etc... but in general no - u cantmake out lyrics...

19. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

yup yup yup music is BEYOND LYRICS