Dimarzio Hs2

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by cyclonetrap, Dec 26, 2005.

1. cyclonetrap

cyclonetrap New Member

i want to get a replacemnt neck pickup for my Kramer guitar ..... people have suggested me Dimarzio HS2 . now its like you can wire it as both a humbucker as well as a single coil (using a push pull switch) . Does anyone here have the HS2 and has wired it in the dual manner ???

Also what are your reviews on this pickup ?

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I dont know about HS2 but any 4 conductor pickup can give you that. Use the humbucker or the split coil of it.

3. cyclonetrap

cyclonetrap New Member

ohk so dude can you suggest me some pickup which cn give me a strat style tone (in single mode ) and a good neck soloing tone in the humbucker mode (hubucker - warm and thick tone ) ???? Everything in the Neck Pickup .

4. nitinzep

nitinzep New Member

Seymour duncan pearly gates or '59

5. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Or you could try Dimarzio Virtual PAF neck...the reviews pretty much suggest it has all you want..

6. cyclonetrap

cyclonetrap New Member

thankx for the suggestions guys .. leme check the tones of these pickups on the web

7. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

I thought that the HS-2 was a single coil pickup. I read that it's great in between two humbuckers and it gives a very strat like tone.
    The PAF style pickups should be great for the neck

8. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

The HS-2 is a stacked humbucker to give noiseless single coill tones. I dont know if you can split coils with it (in theory I guess you can) but if it already emulates single coil tones, why bother? Malmsteen uses it I think.
    For 4-conductor HBs, I would go with a Bartolini ZBS-like a JB but with better note seperation.

9. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Try the PAF PRO and EVO for the Neck.. They suit your needs.. Even though EVO is Steve Vai series, The tones on the EVO neck are brilliant and warm.. And Pearly Gates is another good choice for the requirements you have posted..