Digitech rp80

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by nebuchadnezzar, Jun 19, 2005.

1. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Now that I have received my Tulasi PRS copy, I am looking at getting an effects processor(from the US)..now this is my first elec and I am on a low budget, so I am leaning towards a digitech rp80(costs $80)...its quite feature packed, with a basic drum machine and expression pedal,plus all the usual effects.
    So, what do the pros advice?How do the the lower end zooms(505II and 606) compare?

2. infinite aaz

infinite aaz Member

i recommend u to buy rp80,its good it helps u alot it has all the effects what a guitarist want, plus the drum patchs to play u along, and expressional pedal, but only advantage to zoom 505II is the noice reduction system, over all rp 80 is good i have both zoom 505II and rp80but when i got rp80 i always use it.

3. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Thanx for the feedback...so without the ZoomNoiseReduction kind of feature,is the rp80 noisy?

4. infinite aaz

infinite aaz Member

not precisely, but the it depends upon the cable and the amp u use

5. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

where in india can u get 1 rp80?

i am thinkin of buying a zoom 707II.........is it better than both of rp80 and 505II????

6. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I think its available in India...best price here is around 5500/- from what I have heard...Zoom 707II is costlier,some 8K types I think....its counterpart would be Digitech rp-200...rp-80 is comparable to a Zoom 606 in terms of features and price...

7. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

only 2 replies so far!....cmon guyz..I'm sure many of you use processors....gimme some tips..

8. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

i checked out all of the multieffects available and there r only two in the range which have an expression pedal
    rp80 and zoom606 (which is for 90$)...u ask dennis for his review on 606 but i feel like the digitech must b having better sound...just an intution.

9. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

dunno ..

havenot used Digitech ...

i remember we used to have one KORG AX1G at the music room ...
    kya hua uska? ...
    that one was pretty decent ...

rite now am using AX100G ...

10. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

im getting one soon.i have already given the order to furtados.its cost about 5650 bucks i guess

11. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

@sslayer...I dunno dude..havent checked out the gear at the music room..me just a beginner ..I dont go to the music room:p:...
    @rocking...cool man..dont forget to post a review when it arrives...

12. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hey Nebu,
    Forget Zoom 505 and 606. It's pathetic. Get a Digitech RP80 or a Korg AX100G if you low on budget. I recently played this Zoom 505 and 606 and it was complete crap. Distortion sounds like scratching a rusted iron. Zoom GFX series are far better but slightly more expensive.

13. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Hmm..I'm more or less decided on rp80..but thought it wouldnt hurt to see what others had to say about it....ok... rp80 it is!Korg is a bit expensive.....that AX100G costs $200..I think u meant AX1G..its available for $99.

14. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

yeah ron ...
    i can get inputs on the AX100G ...
    first thing ... it costs about 8.5K ... mebbe 9K ... depends on the dealer ...
    next thing ... (which is one of the best thing)
    it has acoustic simulator ... which is quite good ... and two sounds which sound exactly like Marshall JCM 900 and Mesa Boogie Rectifier ... those two sounds are awesome ...

unfortunately it doesn't have the vocal effect (like the one used in Crush/Bon Jovi or Keep Talking/Pink Floyd) ...

the pitch shifter is little crappy ... it distorts the sound a little ... and the pitch shifted sound is delayed a little ... however, i am able to get the Tom Morello kinda sound (RATM, Audioslave) ...

one little effect which is very cool is the surf sound ... (constant tremolo) ... along with the Vox Ac30 sound ... it sounds just tooo kuhl ...

one prob is that it doen't have Marshall JCM 800 simulator ... u can get that kinda sound with another tone setting ... but not quite the same ...
    and that matters to me coz i really wanted that Zakk Wylde sound ...

15. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Stay Away from Zooms . Buy the RP 80for price range it gives u everything that u will ever need ..

16. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hey Nebu,
    Korg AX1500G costs $199. AX100G must be much cheaper. In India only it costs about 9K. It should be around $100 there. Check it out. That was my first distortion unit and I really liked it. It's much better than the AX1500G in the sound though 1500G is much more convenient with it's nice pedal board arrangement.

17. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

No, I checked the prices online, it is that costly...and I think the 100G is not available on zzsounds or music123..etc

18. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

yeah, the Korg AX100G is discontinued.