Digitech RP300/A vs Korg Ax1500G

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ultrabot90, Oct 15, 2007.

1. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Im planning to buy a new effects processor. I am on a tight budget, no more than Rs 10k. Two choices I shortlisted were the Korg Ax1500G and the Digitech RP 300A. I know the price on the bharatmusichouse.com says 11k and 12k respectively, but Im guessing that the price is old...can someone please tell me the price? Im not going buy another processor for a long while after this, so (in case I take Digitech) should I buy RP 300A or RP 300? I read on Ultimate Guitar that the RP 300 A (in which A stands for artist) has a lot of prefed patches which limits the number of user-made patches...(and are not a bit like the real artists who they are mimicking, ironically). Please tell me which one is better, and the prices in Delhi, if possible o.o Thanks.
    -regards,
    ultrabot90

2. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

Ax1500 is great. Used it for two years. Killer! Btw, ive got a Zoom G7.1ut if you stretch your budget a little more

3. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

I've seen too much of those around lol...How much's the Ax1500 for? o_O It says 11k on Bharat's site...

4. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Between the 2 i think the korg would be a better choice

I have used the 1500g, i was not too impressed. I liked the US high-gain amp modeling on it. I thought the rest of them were very average, not too great from my RP80
    If you are looking at digitech you must consider the RP350, its a newer model and I've been reading some good reviews about it.

5. subhajit_981

subhajit_981 New Member

Both are worthless try Digiteh 350 or Zoom G7.1 UT