did nirvana become famous after kurt's death ( r.i.p kurt)?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by westarend, Aug 1, 2005.

1. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

whoa dude..

think before u say that again.

I bet you havnt heard much of Alice in Chains..
    the vocals....they can pwn Kurt any day...hell even Fred Durst has a better voice than Cobain
    Regarding similarity betn sings...wtf dude? U need to consult an ear doctor probably.
    Check out Alice in Chains unplugged DVD, it pwns nirvana anyday...the lyrics are simply scintillating. Jerry Cantrell owns.

and plz dont mention Iron Maiden and Opeth on this thread....it is very much obvious that you are trying to showoff your musical knowledge.

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Haha, gotta love the n00bs wizzy, hahahahaha, Iron Maiden and Opeth to show off..hahahha, laffin my ass off man...

3. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

yeah dude...I hate it. It has become a fad to listen to Opeth these days....people have heard some stuff and they think they can digest death metal.

4. d_ist_urb_ed

^It's just you have think wizzy, this is all these dudes have to show off in their lives, that they listen to "Opeth" something that not many people have heard of, so it puts them at a superior status than their peers. So, we have to be sympathetic towards such pathetic souls, and fully absolve them from their sins.

5. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

+1

reminds me of some dude I met looong back at a gig. He apparently thought that Im a poser, since I loved Nile as well as some stuff by Ghulam Ali. :annoyed:

....sorry for being off topic mods...cudnt resist

6. d_ist_urb_ed

^Heh, yeh, at one side they see me listening to Nile, Necrophagist, Meshuggah and the like and one day they found me listening to Bjork :shock:, damn, lol, stupid morons cant appreciate diversity in tastes in music.

7. bsharp

bsharp New Member

Hey man ,
    how can u compare two totally different kinds of music.?
    MJ and Nirvana differs in their genre by hell and heaven ?
    Its really doesn't make sense in making such comparisons.
    Both ruled in their type of music..
    And speaking about Nirvana...Kurt Cobain was simply a genius as far as his compositions and his type of music is concerned.. hats Off to Cobain !!!

8. d_ist_urb_ed

^lol.........

9. vishalj

vishalj Banned

*starts the slow clapping*

10. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Ahem, shall I start playing guitar again :)

11. magicalaks

magicalaks New Member

dont know much abt nirvana/.... heard some of their sons.... penny royal tea is one of my fav.....

12. d_ist_urb_ed

^Lucky you

13. dirt_nectar

dirt_nectar New Member

guyz.....chill i listen to opeth and i try to play him.....i haven't even heard of some of the bands you have listed.............look i suppose i am not expert at music but guyz....don't insult opeth unless you have balls(real ones).If u can make anything close to what they make and i'll lick your toes anyday.if u got balls post ur recording and as for showing of i can say some fukin names like tiamat and lamb of satan and what not but i don't have much ear for thrash .
    opeth's got the beauty and melody and u know wizzy and disturbed u can keep on bitching( hahahaha....i love it).

Nirvana is awsome!

14. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Opeth is one of (if not the) favourite band of mine, but wtf did that post have to do with anything? haha.

15. d_ist_urb_ed

Lamb of Satan? Yeah, you're a dilettante indeed. Opeth is one of the best bands that i have ever listened to, but as shsnawada said, what does that have to do with anything we were talking about? Oh yes, i remember, we were calling you a poser. What? You listened to Damnation and are all flowery about it? Tiamat? Dude, you're an idiot when it comes to appreciating music. On one hand you say you adore Opeth and on the other hand you put down Tiamat? Do you even know what you're talking about? Or rather, have you even heard Tiamat properly? And i think you meant, "trash" not "thrash" there's a difference. Oh yes we will keep bitching because we're not posers and you are ^_^

16. dirt_nectar

dirt_nectar New Member

i am not a poser but i can pretend(hahahaha).i love foreplay and i love bass-turd.....ewww their bass is so damn good (even better than Nirvana)and you know i love "The Posers" too they are awsome when they play without amps and mics.

And yeah i love "DIS_TURD_BED" with lots of underscores thrown in they are totally retarded .And wat the heck i forgot i listen to "BITCHING" a lot so keep it coming (lol). And i don't listen to Tiamat and Opeth though i have all the vedios and songs that they have ever made but as a poser and to prove my expertise in music so that i don't get left behind i must also include them in my list of favourite artists.

NIRVANA sux BIG TIME( forgive me lord!)

MJ ROX (PS:I love children)

17. d_ist_urb_ed

^That was the most pathetic attempt made at sarcasm in a long time, even the n00bs do much better than you. And if you're foolish enough to judge someone's musical preferences by their user ID, woe begone you. Yeah, you're suited to MJ than anything else.

18. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

I hope you realise that Opeth is the name of a band and not a person.

CrYpTiC_angel likes this.
  19. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

lol...pwned.^^^^^

20. westarend

westarend New Member

u guys seem to be posting eveything else other than nirvana...