did nirvana become famous after kurt's death ( r.i.p kurt)?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by westarend, Aug 1, 2005.

1. westarend

westarend New Member

hey guys,
    i am a gr8 nirvana fan. i just love their songs. but do ya guys think tat nirvana became famous and popular after kurt's death? wat do ya guys think. and which is ur fav nirvana track? mine is HEARTSHAPED BOX and SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT.

2. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

no.
    nirvana was alerady a lot more famous when kurt was alive.
    it was on a high since 1991 when their album nevermind was out..
    when cobain died he was alerady at the peak of his career..

3. westarend

westarend New Member

yeah maybe......but their first album bleach....didnt do so well. hav u heard tat.

4. anshphenomenon

like u even iam a nirvana fan..
    i have all their albums/songs and almost every video they have...

5. gedanken

gedanken New Member

Hey...im a die-hard nirvana freak... i just love kurt cobain... i think the unplugged concert is 1 of the greatest concerts of all time... i hav all the videos of tat concert except for 1 track.. but i dont hav their 1st album... is there anyway we cud trade?????

6. anshphenomenon

gimme ur mail id i wld send u the file.

7. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Honestly, i beleieve that Nirvana was overrated like hell. I'm tired of people raving about how Cobain's lyrics were so philosophical, or so moving and made sense...that's bull! Some songs may be catchy, but there was nothing special about them other than they were the first band to top Michael Jackson while he was dominating the charts.

Nirvana's success caused theof more talented Grunge bands such as Alice In Chains, The Mudhoneys, Swamp Hermits, Soundgarden etc, to be ignored.

If you really thought that Nirvana's Unplugged session was so orgasmic, i really recommend you get your hands on Alice In Chains' Unplugged show

8. vini

vini Repeat Offender

yes and no!!

No bcoz i feel kurt cobain was the pivot of nirvana
    Yes coz again kurt was the pivot+people had a profound emotional upsurge after his eternal furlough which increased fan's luv for nirvana

may kurt r.i.p

tahda!!

9. westarend

westarend New Member

@ scary, i acctually hav not listened to Mr jackson, but ,c'mon, jackson wud hav exploited the studio. all, he cud hav done was to compose his songs and dance. but, nirvana......they r completely different. talkin about nirvana and "fake nose"jackson is like two face of same coin. nirvana composes their own music, they created their own style ( even though kurt was not even conscious they were creating grunge music, "grunge" was cooked up by media). kurt was more interested in new wave( dont ask me wat it is). so, dont even think of comparing "accused child abuser" jackson with kurt "great" cobain. and , about other grunge bands, never heard of them. may be i'll listen to it.
    summary is "NIRVANA WAS AND IS THE GREATEST BAND and jackson is one sad....."
    PS: no offence meant to u. i respect ur opinion, but this is mine

10. westarend

westarend New Member

and all u other nirvana fans, NIRVANA RULZ and nobody can defy that. @gedanken, i have seen all the vids myself, so dont bother to trade, buddy. @same to u phenomenon. thanx for the offer though,guys, nirvana rulz for ever......

11. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

To each his own :beer:

12. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

You know, I used to think just the same thing when I started listening to rock but after listening to better bands like Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, Metallica my ideas changed. Nirvana's songs are crap except a few like Come As You Are, Rape Me, Smells Like Teen Spirit. Their lyrics don't mean anything (anything but spiritual which was mentioned before). I do love the name though........

13. westarend

westarend New Member

hey addy, first of all, nirvana songs r not crap. again, i am saying the same thing. nirvana r very much diff than metallica and all, metallica, megadeth r all heavy thrash bands. u cant compare them with nirvana. for their genre, nirvana is the best. his songs were based on his life, (well, all the music composers shud hav some inspiration). wat do ya think......
    PS: i think peoplke shud stop scrotinising lyrics and just listen to the songs and enjoy......
    cheers
    PPS: nirvana songs aint crap.

14. westarend

westarend New Member

@gedanken, you r madhu, right? i have heard of u. do u play for any band. i think i saw u in sjbit....... were'nt u the rejects ( i am not sure of the name.......).

15. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

k then wat do ya call IN BLOOM

man luk KURT COBAIN waz a legend MAINLY cause of his antics , all da destruction of intruments ( man i hate those ppl , instead of destroying the guitars , y cant they give them 2 ME !! :p: )
    " THE WHO" 2 did dat !
    NIRVANA just were like a REVOLUTION !
    ppl wanted sumthing else than rock and roll, van halen and all !!
    so when they saw a guy going phsyco on stage which had music 2 go with da PHSYCOness , HE WAZ their HERO !
    :nw:

i do agree dat SUM of his RIFFS r OK !
    SMELLS LIKE has a special place at my heart cause it waz da 1st song i performed liVE !! ;)

16. westarend

westarend New Member

i think u mite be rite there ( about stage antics). but, again, i maintain, who the hell cares about lyrics.....i mean u wont like them always......plus nirvana did the revolution , rite? they did it cause they were good, good enough to win people. so, again , i say, due to tat, they r gr8. any band simply cant change the music scene just like tat, can they? eh?
    and kudos on ur performance dude? how was it..... ?

17. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

yup, nirvana did become far more famous than in their truly organic form!as calvn said "genius are never understood when they are alive" where genius = nirvana!

18. abchextylo

abchextylo New Member

nirvana is too damn overrated guys....lets face it....MJ rules today also

19. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

nirvan .. surely the best band of 90`s

20. westarend

westarend New Member

@abchextylo, MJ doesnt rule. U PEOPLE WILL NEVER GET IT. MJ is a fukin pop artist cum sore loser. its not only the songs tat make the artist a legend but also his public image. and MJ, apart frm being a sore loser, now, he is also a self mutilating jackass who is not at all happy with himself, let alone be happy with a bunch of kids. nirvana was a grunge metal which does its own music.
    so MJ can suck on his black ( or is it white now, who knows?) balls.