Delay pedal

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by alpha1, Mar 16, 2006.

1. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Maybe or it could just be that i'm tone deaf.;)

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:RollLol:
    I couldn't have said taht, it would've sounded t00 rude.

:grin:

3. sridhar11_2

You cant rule out all the possibilities right:p:

I'll record something and lets see if i'm tone deaf.

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:nw:
    Anytime ready for your recordings man.
    :)

If possible lets see the demo also aout what you said. I mean first is direct plug in of overdrive pedal.
    Then next route it thru Zoom (without any effects switched on).

Taht way we can see how good is the "bypass"

5. sridhar11_2

Sure i'll get on it ight away. I'll probably post it by tomorrow morning.

6. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Nope... I am more tone deaf than anybody here...

Actually I have tried the same with my friend's Zoom 505. That has a far better bypass than Korg 100G or 1500G. I tried using the compressor from Zoom 505 to my Steel Drive just to add the missing compression.

7. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Ronnie, I guess modding can work magic with wah pedals at least...if you change the pot and inductor, its a different wah altogether:)..newaz very small number of components..are delay pedals are fairly complicated ?

8. sridhar11_2

Ok this is the demo for the DS1 only. First its direct DS1 to comp then DS1 into Zoom bypassed then DS1 and zoom adding compression and reverb. You'll notice that the overall tone does'nt change but the levels do change. And i actually prefer the sound coming out from the zoom.
    https://www.megaupload.com/?d=NTI4EBPU

9. sridhar11_2

Here's the Bad monkey with the Zoom. Recorded same way as the DS1 so its the same format. The levels on this recording hasa huge difference between the direct and the zoom but the tone is still the same.

https://www.megaupload.com/?d=B2RB69RQ

10. sridhar11_2

Here's some "For The Love OF God" for you. Check out how much sustain i can get and how easy it is to feedback. Actually the recording does'nt capture most of the dynamics so the feedback is'nt too convincing but when i play and hear its as good as any feedback i've heard.

https://www.megaupload.com/?d=H4842I2H

11. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Cant really check out your recordings now in office. will do in the evening....but I'm confused about what all gear you have d00d..care to list it out:)?

12. ronnieanand

Delay Pedals are fairly complicated and that's one reason why most boutique pedal makers dont attempt to make one or even mod one. Delay pedals need a small RAM to store the signal and play it again. Since it calls for storage, a Digital Delay is much easier done than Analog Delays. Even other effects which involve a delayed signal like Flager, Chorus are also difficult effects. Only things like overdrive and clean boost are easier ones and you will find all the boutique guys into these effects mainly.

13. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Okie...but the prospect of wah modding looks tempting..you have modded few right..atleast true-bypass mod?I will mostly import a used vox 847(if you are lucky, you can get fairly good ones on eBay for under $50) and inductor+pot+tru bypass switch by May..and try to build a good one under $120 types:)

14. sridhar11_2

My Gear.........
    Guitars:-
    J&D brothers Strat copy... with a neck that feels better than any guitar i've played as of yet. Better than my friend's tulsi or any of the ibanez guitars you get here(slghtly better than even the 18k ibanez i think the GRX370 model)
    J&D brothers acoustic with a Belcat Opus-CHORUS preamp installed...Nice open sound also amazing that i've not liked any of the other guitars in this price range. But the frets are wearing out now and i think it needs to be refretted cause its buzzing on the 13th fret last 3 strings. I saw that the 14th fret is block the string.
    Cheap Signature acoustic strung left handed which my bro practices on
    Cheap electric Jem copy bought from Sanjivdas ..... Gave it a good paint job and raised the saddles, put in a single coil in the bridge (surprisingly warmer sounding than the humbucker) and now use it as a slide guitar. Very less wood on it so its very jangly sounding hence the slide use.

Effects:-
    Digitech Bad Monkey
    Boss DS1
    Cheap Gibtone Volume pedal
    Zoom 505II

thats it.

15. sridhar11_2

As of now i have a serious case of GAS regarding B52 tube amps. On paper these things are amazing. You cant get much more versatile than offering a knob to make an amp a Class A/ Class A/B / Solid state. If you're tubes give out you just switch to solid state and you're saved.

16. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

:NoNo::NoNo:....

17. ronnieanand

I dont prefer Tube Amps 'cos after investing on a good tube amp, you cant even use it in your gigs. Better to use a setup that interacts well with the SS amps 'cos that's what you will get to use in your gigs. You do get these Marshall AVTs but you seriously dont want to call them tube amps.

18. sridhar11_2

I'm :sorry: but i want to :band: using B52 :please:

19. sridhar11_2

As of now my rig interacts with solid states beautifully. But i've seen places using tube amps. I think at St'John or Josephs indian they used a Peavey 5150 someone told me. The thing was sponsored by Mtv.

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I checkd your recording stuff.
    Surprisingly, your DS-1 sounds BETTER than what thye have put on BOSS site.

:RollLol:

Besides, I found trhe compresses tone slightly better for hard rock music, but it did lose some bite.

Anyway your point has been proved. :)