Debankan Mukherjee bassist of Pratisruti new to IGT

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by debankan, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

^^^ Ronnie ... spamming to reach 1000 ... ;)

2. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

i once saw a bengla band..
    i dont remember the name of the band..

hmmm..i ve heard some bengla rock stuff..its not that bad imo. .but nothin that blew my mind away.
    if there are any bengla bands that anyone out here think are really good.
    plz post a few links..or maybe clips of their songs.

and yes

@ronnieannand----JAI MISHTI DHOI.

3. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

bengla bands???r u tyalking abt bhangra bands???:p:

4. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

@bjr

the problem was that you didnt just say you didnt like them, you laughed about them. before laughing about ANYTHING think about the chance that somebody may get offended by your tomfoolery. this being a public forum, nobody has ABSOLUTE freedom of expression. if i post a thread laughing about bhangra music, im sure i will be the recepient of rebuke from punjabis, who wont give a damn whether i have actually heard their music. and proof of this is the way you connected my thread with that of arindam who is also a bengali. if you want to show prejudice, this is not the place for it.

5. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

6. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

hey welcome bugger ..... But whts ur band never heard of em B4 ......

Even I play bass ..... Will bug u with quries then ..... Do help me !!!!!

7. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

^^ woah...reall furstration outlet?

8. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

my mistake ... he never said taht ... sorry mates ...
    cool off ...

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

ahahahaha!

A lot of my posts in this thread seem to be starting this way....but this takes the cake. Now I'm prejudiced against Bengalis? I won't even stoop to the level of trying to defend myself against an accusation like that...but I do hope the absurdity of your logic does not reach greater heights.

If I want to make a thread laughing at people who listen to Bhangra music, I will. If I want to make a thread saying that Harry Potter sucks, I will....there is difference between absolute freedom of speech and basic freedom of speech...the sooner you realize this, the better for you. If you are offended by my "tomfoolery", tough. Live with it. Bangla rock is not exclusive to you. If I do not like it, I will openly say so.....I will even openly laugh at it if I want to. I'm not askin you or anyone else to laugh with me.

Anyway....part of my last post:

But I will spell it out for you(almost).....just because your level of thought scares me.

I, my good sir, have not laughed at Bangla Rock. I can, though, and I reserve the right to laugh at Bangla Rock but I haven't yet. Perhaps if you go back to my original few posts, you might actually see a comment about me and a drum machine in the second one. Put two and two together please. I refuse to do that for you.

However, after all these posts by you and your bassist....I can safely laugh my arse off at you.

Look at yourself....just because I did not correct you the first time you made that mistake of assuming what I meant you have called me ignorant, stupid, intolerant and prejudiced.

You people are the reason that more and more people are getting into pop, rap, hip-hop and other genres of music are losing out. You act like such goddamned elitists when someone talks about your genre of music that people are put off by it. Even now, you have not tried to understand what my problem is, let alone try and correct it. This is why people don't listen to more refined forms of music these days....because they cannot understand it and the people who claim that they do act like they've got a little circle of trust that no one can enter....hence, genres like pop which everyone can understand get more than their due.

10. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

Jai Eminem.

11. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

@bjr -

pop sucks,...... true
    say wat u wanna say,...... true

analyzing someone's level of thoughts,...... sad (y do u care)
    laffin on somthing others like w/o givin reason,....... super sad

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

psh....does nobody read my posts?

I agree with the third thing you said though. Analyzing other people's thoughts is a sad thing to do...

13. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

i love elton johns music..
    i love whitney hoeustens voice.
    i love mariah careys voice..
    christina augilera has a good voice too.

there are some really good hip hop stuff out there too.i love folk songs..country music..
    funk..and the list goes on.....

if u have a ear ...theres a lot of good stuff out there.check it out..when u come out of that

i only listen to rock music mould.

and yes i also loved fuzon's-khamaj
    and zara zara-rehna hain tere dil mein..i think its a great song.

14. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

* trying to gather intestines which split while i was laughing *

man i love reading ur posts.....the sarcasrm, the subtlety..........:nw: the brit edge..........:RollLol:

15. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

the song on top of the rsjonline mp3 charts..

duler bhalobasha..yes..many ppl have ridiculed the song..in their page..and stuff..
    but i really liked it.
    and yes its a bengla band.

i liked the vocal harmonies in that song. although the guitar work wasnt very impressive for me..nonethess fit the song.

@saynkaharry--thanks for the links..ill check them out later.

16. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I agree with all of what you said...which is why I didnt agree with akky's(and a lot of others) view on the matter. A lot of what music I listen to is defined by what I can lay my hands on. Perhaps the only genre I haven't ever gotten into is metal though I've heard some underground Norwegian prog metal band called Pain of Salvation which I really, really liked.

What I was talking about there, though, was how the local (meaning non-musical) population is shifting in its trend of music they listen to.

But I hate zara zara :) (Its that one? Sarki Chunarya re? )

btw Dharmatma....I dunno if you got my PM but only one of the links you sent ever worked.

17. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

^^ nah..its not the sarki chunarya re one..hahahha.

check it out when u have the time later..heheh.

hmm..comin to think of it..let it be..i wont send u those links..those were anyways amaeturish.hahaha..
    want to do a collab?

18. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

@BJR What the hell did u write .... Think we have time read all the crap .......
    Mama .... I need more time to SPAM ....

19. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

but....but....I spent time and effort on them. Do you wanna make me cry?

@dharmatma: I don't think I could collaborate because my sound card is so awesome it inputs a half-second (roughly) between what I play and what gets recorded on the computer so multi-tracking is pretty much impossible. Perhaps someday in real life or until I get a better soundcard(1st option is more probable)...where d'you live anyway?

Yeah, I hate my life. :shock:

20. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Alright Alright! Everybody just STFU while I wank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.