Custom Guitars In Bangalore

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Double Click, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Are there any custom guitar makers in Bangalore? I heard there is a guy called Bobby who is decent. Anyone have any info on this?

I know Tulsi's supposed to be the best, but I'd like to check out the local guys first.

2. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

No ids bro.make one urself.i made one last year.its got killer looks.will upload a pic when i hav muh cam here.

3. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Where did you get yours made?

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Get a Tulsi d00d.

What is the problem in that?

5. Double Click

Double Click New Member

He's in Chennai and I'm in Bangalore....There lies the problem :annoyed:

I wont be able to go to Chennai and order/pickup the guitar...That means I'll have to get it shipped...So what if there's somin I dont like about it? Like lets say instead of 24, he only puts in 22 Frets!!! (I know he did the opposite fer u)

So, I thought I might as well eliminate all options in Bangalore before tryin Tulsi

PS.. Srry bout dissapearin yesterday...my connection froze up and i couldnt do a thing :eek::

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hmmm.
    He wont do anything without asking you.
    He asked me for 24 frets, since he had them ready. Had I stuck to my guns, he would've made 22 frets.

Believe me, I had all the plans of getting it shipped earlier.

7. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Okay.....BTW I'm still waitin for you to review your V

8. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

dood ... bobby is ok ... he is doing my bass neck and headstock ... But whn u have Tulsi .. why do u wanna think of the rest ... he is not great but .. he is the best around for sure ...

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

The review will come pretty soon.
    Even Tulsi fellow is asking for feedback. The bad thing is that I have not had much chance to play it.

10. vlada729

vlada729 New Member

read my thread about custom guitars...

11. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

hey got ma bass back from Bobby ... he is good but not great ... For the money guess its worth it .. He took too much of time ... That was a prob .. and he was angry with me coz i took a week or 2 to go pick it once it was done !!!!
    Anyway .. for the money nice job ......

12. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^^ Thanx fer the info.

BTW I have already placed an order with Tulsi :rock: He says it should be done by the end of the month :beer:

13. web surf

web surf New Member

What's Tulsi's e-mail and web page ?

Can you please e-mail me that info on websurff at gmail dot com, Thanks dood !!

14. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey and ronnie's Last Tulsi Custom made was a blunder ... bad guitar ,....

15. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

:shock:..something happened to his LP or what?

16. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Do u remember his ovation copy ... I was speaking about it .......

17. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Aah..thats a relief....I thought it was some serious issue with the LP.
    My elec does have its problems though,the bolt in neck isnt set too well, there is noticeable gap between the neck and body on the treble side, so I finally figured out why my treble strings sound so weak on higher frets...
    @Ronnie..does your LP have decent acoustic sound?..mind sounds like a wet log unplugged..played a few GB&A's at rhythm musicals today, and they sounded much better than my Tulasi unplugged..unfortunately there was no power for plugging in...
    Tried one Pluto acoustic, sounded quite good and finishing was decent, and it was surprisingly light..he was quoting 3.8k for it, I didnt make any comment on the attempted rip-off though:p:

18. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

My LP has a decent acoustic tone and quite decent natural sustain. Mainly because my guitar has through body neck. Once glued in, it remains there till it breaks.

19. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Ya, set necks and neck-thru will not have gaps in the joint..that is a big problem of bolt-on types..bad joints kill the sustain..
    Hey, is there a good guitar tech in Blore..how about Bobby? Does he do this kind of stuff...besides I would want to install new pickups, pots and cap(arriving soon hopefully:))

20. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Yeah Bobby can fix ur pickups ... and pots .. but for other job better take it to Tulsi itself .. its better tht way ...
    And infact even ronnie can do ur job of fixing pots and pickups i guess ...