[Cover] Pehla Nasha, Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar!

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by Keoraf, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

2. Crazy_Engineer

Crazy_Engineer New Member

Keoraf is a magician!

ps: Thanks for covering my sur faults ;-)

3. rajasunda

rajasunda New Member

Keoraf,
    that sounds great!!!

4. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

You make me feel shy man, anyhow thanks for such a great compliment.

@ rajasunda:
    Thanks man you liked it, but in my opinion Crazy Engineer has done a very good job aswell, his vocals are great too!!!!

anubhav27 likes this.
  5. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

hey keoraf as usual great playin.........crazy good singin......

@keoraf i know u'll receive a lot of good reviews abt this rec and u'll deserve it....but for once let me try to think -ve........

boy its hard findin faults........
    ok.
    the drums u are usin keoraf are not so good.....they dont really sound so good.......even at 128kbps they should sound good... somehow they sound sucky......
    there seems to be some slight humming noise throughout.......try removin that........i find that in all ur recs.......that really is the downside......

@crazy...nice vocals...... very good try........

the cover as such is great..... u guys have done a great job.......

not so many faults in this song.....

keep postin and covering!

cheers
    :beer:

6. FEB31

FEB31 New Member

Here are my observations:

Prelude is a little different (a couple of notes) from the original one 00:08 - 00:10 and same when it repeats for the second time. I guess,I have listened to the original piano prelude more times than I should have!

I like the guitar strumming very much. Excellent! Keoraf, did you do that in keyboard or some VST or played the instrument?

1:46 - 1:47 there was a little tempo mismatch between the vocal and music. May be because of latency. Same in 3:18-3:21.

The song should end with 'ye dile bekarar..' followed by the flute.. There is a glitch out there.

2nd paragraph is repeated as the first one. The 2nd paragraph of the original song is extremely good too. I guess it was left out because of female voice.

Finally this is one of the best cover I have seen on this masterpiece. If this would have been live, it would be best live performance ever. (I have ignored very small sur faults that some times happen).

Crazy zee, Udit zee ke tarha thoda sa haske gayiye :eek:)

Both of you guys, excellent job and sorry if I over analyzed!

7. Crazy_Engineer

@FEB31

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I know that there are few sur faults but considering that this was my first attempt, all I was concentrating was on matching up with the tempo :) . I promise I'll keep your suggestions in mind in my next recording.

Yes, second stanza is in female voice. I'll probably re-record the track.

ps: I've posted "Choo Kar Mere Man Ko" recording, which to the best of my knowledge & IMHO, rectifies the mistakes I've done in my previous recording. Please do take out some time to review & comment.

8. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

hey keoraf and crazy...good work to get this song out.....great music creation from keoraf and descent singing from crazy....as someone pointed out the prelude is incorrect i think...but if you tried to improvise then thats great!
    btw, crazy i think this is one of the better songs that i have heard from u....so keep it coming...
    -krishna

9. Crazy_Engineer

@ KrishnaG

Thanks a lot, mate! Yep, I've noted all the suggestions and will work on them. Its very nice to see that so many of you have valuable suggestions.

Thanks again!

10. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Hey guys thanks alot for all your feedback and comments!
    @ Sukrut:
    The drums used are from Native Instruments Battery-3, the humming noise you hear, i don't know what you are hearing, i don't hear anything like that!

@ FEB31:
    Believe it or not man, but i changed the few notes of the piano solo just my way, i think this sounds a little better than the original, i'm not saying that my version is better than the original, certainly not! But i have to say, you are the first one and Krishna is the second who heard this tiny difference!! Used to play this song in our band and yes it was always a hit man!
    The guitar strumming is played with a VST-plugin and that's also played a little different from the original, i did it with VST-plugin REAL-Guitar (Musiclab)!

11. anshammer

anshammer MR. - 2 - MINZ

supperrbb.!! :) ..grr8 work Keoraf and Crazy.

@Keoraf : ..looking forward to our joint venture(my vocals with your music) :)

12. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Thanks you liked the song Anshammer!
    Its upon you Anshammer, i think you know it, just let me know what song, it must be a song on my sounclickpage cause i don't have much time to make new songs at this moment. If you want to sing a song from my page and the instrumental isn't present on my sounclickpage, just tell me and i'll sent it to you!
    Take care man!!!

Edit:
    Forgot to say, if you make a recording of the vocals, try making it as clear and plain as possible, i mean without any kind of background noises and without any kind of effects!!!