[Cover] Nothing Else Matters - Metallica

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by Keoraf, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Finally made this song with the vocals, hope you guys will like it. The instrumental version is already present on my soundclick page!
    Waiting for your comments and criticisms!!!

https://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=645920

Don't forget to leave a message on my soundclick page too!!!!

2. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

good rec......

ur accent's funny though............

ur 2nd pre-chorus had some sur faults (cant believe im sayin this!)..............
    ur 1st chorus also the same.........

ur pausin at some places where ur not supposed to and goin way fast in some other parts.......

the high part was funny too........but it was good.........

ur main flaw i think was the pausin part.........
    have to work on that..........

cheers
    :beer:

3. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Hey Sukrut thanks for your detailed reply man!
    You are right if you say there are Sur faults, the chorus is sounding such cause i doubled that particularly vocal track as i pitched it a little, maybe its that what you are hearing.
    My accent, yes its a little different, maybe my Dutch accent, i don't know!

guitarist_gal1 likes this.
  4. guitarist_gal1

guitarist_gal1 New Member

hey keoraf...good job...reps for you...

5. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Thanks Rinky, i'm glad you liked it ;) and also thanks for the reps!!!

6. anshammer

anshammer MR. - 2 - MINZ

heyy..!!! nice work Keoraf..!!! :)
    take care..!!

7. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Thanks Anshammer!
    I'm glad a few people liked my version of this beautiful song!!!

8. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Guys, i don't think this song is that bad, so many views and just a little replies!!!

9. desidude01

desidude01 Drummerboy

your accent is funny but the rest is all well done.........it's piano not guitar right? or am i extremely confused? lol

10. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Thanks man!
    Its a guitar, but not a real guitar, just some software synths used in this song!!!

11. desidude01

desidude01 Drummerboy

I see, that's what I thought, no wonder it didn't sound 'natural'. Very well executed. I have a question though, did you record Midi's and then put them together after a bunch of editing(the recording studio way)? or just a casual audio recording? If it's the latter, then man, killer accuracy I would say.

12. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Yes unfortunately it doesn't sound natural, its quite difficult to play the guitar on the keyboards.
    If you read my sticky then you will know how i record my songs, i first record al the tracks needed, guitar, bass, drum, strings etc, after that i do some editting as i mix all tracks together and then i try singing the the vocal track.
    I'll try singing this song once again, cause it isn't done very well, the Sur isn't what it has to be, but it is a very tough song though!!!

13. desidude01

desidude01 Drummerboy

Ok, so it means you did the first option on my previous post. A tip that I think might help you get the vocals right is knowing the fact that this is a metal song, the vocals have to be hard, in the actual song, most people underestimate the power that Hetfield puts into the song. And Nothing Else Matters is not a pop song....lol. You're way too soft right from the beginning, and don't go to higher pitch when you sing 'Never cared for what they do', it's not hgh pitched, it's just louder and a little growly(angry) if you know what I mean. The rest, great effort. Only if I had a mic, I would show you my version of it (I play it on a classical guitar and I do a different solo as well:grin:)

14. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Thanks for the hints man, you are right if say the song has to be sung with power and a little growly, that part of the song is certainly sung louder, but i don't agree that it isn't higher, ofcourse it is!!
    My next recording i'll try my best and maybe i'll succeed, but as you mentioned also, this is a very tough song and people must not underestimate this song!!!

15. Crazy_Engineer

Crazy_Engineer New Member

That was fantastic Keoraf! Keep up the good work :) ! Waiting for more recordings.

CrazyEngineer
    www.crazyengineers.com

16. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Thanks man!
    I'll listen your new song tonight, cause at this moment i'm at work and here the youtube site (and the soundclick site too)is blocked:mad: .

17. desidude01

desidude01 Drummerboy

Yea, my bad, it is higher but not as high as you went.....lol......i underestimated the song too there it seemss....lol!

Anyways, good luck for next time, you're an awesome artist and a person as well! Later!