Confusion.help plz

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sidtheimmortal, Mar 11, 2008.

1. sidtheimmortal

sidtheimmortal New Member

hey!...i have decided to buy Vox Amplug(Rs30).............and i am really confused which guitar i should buy....i ma not buying a amp for now...going to plug speaker to vox amplug as it has 9mm output.my total budget is RS 9000..........3000 FO VOX AMPLUG..............SO 6000 Left for the guitar......i am thinking of buying a java strat or a givson..help me!.......tell me shops in poona!

2. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Why did you decide to buy the amplug there are much better amp options
    Maybe a laney LX20

3. -Nemesis-

-Nemesis- New Member

You can get a Kramer or an Aria if you add 1k more..and they are SO much better than Givsons or Java.
    and if you have 7k in TOTAL..you get an amp with overdrive + guitar.
    Get that...The guitar is called SX Starter Pack..its 7k..and IT ROCKS !!

4. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

You can also look at the J&D brothers strat. I have heard favourable reviews and the few I have seen seemed nice too. Try to avoid starter packs.

At least get the Marshall MG10CD or Laney LX12 from bajaao.com. Both are about 2.8K and have lot of features for the price.

5. sidtheimmortal

sidtheimmortal New Member

but the j&s strtat is for 12500 bugs!..................and where can i het vox amplug in india....i dont trust bajaao..........!

6. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I thought it was something like 6K..just check the price. I don't remember it being so costly.And I would strongly advise a real amp over the amplug.

7. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

imo the amplug would be a real waste of money ....its supposed to be for traveling musicians for practice with headphones. I dont know how it'll sound thru amp or whatever you are planning to use it with.

You can even consider a low-end processor like Digitech RP80....itll give you much better flexibility than the amplug...