Concept Albums

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by m_waleed86, Oct 17, 2005.

1. m_waleed86

m_waleed86 KhaMosh GhuStAk

What's your opinion bout these kind of albums.....probably PINK FLOYD were the first band to release such an album.....and the trend still continues.....

do you like concept albums or the ones which have a mixture of songs (with different concepts) in them?????????????????? :think: :think: :think:

2. tejas

tejas ..........

Concept albums are not easy to pull off. And hardly any bands these days do that. Honestly, I havent heard many concept albums, but the ones I have, I absolutely love. The amount of thought that needs to be put into it, is alone appreciable. I definitely do think concept albums have an edge on regular albums, atleast in my book.

3. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

^^ Same here.....atleast theres one band thats only giving out concept albums for the last 7 years..

@tejas: is 13th step from APC a concept album??

4. tejas

tejas ..........

^^I consider it to be. Some might not. But I'm convinced it is:p:

5. shsnawada

6. tejas

tejas ..........

^LOL. It might. So will any anal cunt album I guess, the concept being "Crap".

7. shsnawada

A lot of opeth albums also are concept albums right? Definetly Damnation and BWP i think.
    Oh yes and if youre looking for quality concept albums then check out
    Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects- Sol NIger Within Version 3.33. A huge 55:56 Minute song. Truly sounds like its been played by aliens

8. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

i absolutely love concept albums, DSOTM, WYWH , Metropolis,Operation Mindcrime...really amazing stuff.

9. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

RATM produced ...political albums.... concept albums...>renegades

10. m_waleed86

m_waleed86 KhaMosh GhuStAk

but (me thinks) probably most of the concept albums are being produced by HIP-HOP and Rap artists................

11. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Dio - Magica is a concept album. Infact the last track on the album is he talks for about 18 minutes explaining the story of Magica. A very dark concept but hear the album as a whole and it really rocks. Individually they might not be great songs compared to his earlier work.

12. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

i think floyd's final cut toow as a concept album :think:

13. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

i think the only conceptual album i own is the wall by p floyd.....cant think anything else!

14. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

the concept albums i like the most are Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son by Iron Maiden & The Dark Saga by Iced Earth. these two are one hell of a rockin albums

15. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

RATm doesnt have any concept albums btw...revolution is jsut a central theme to their music.

16. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

wasnt AND JUSTICE 4 all a.....CA ?????

17. tejas

tejas ..........

^^No. I dont think so. Sid reckons "Ghost reveries" is a concept album, and I think he could be right. "My arms, your hearse" and "Still Life" certainly were.

18. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

19. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

bah..then almost all albums are concept albums..mos talbums have a central theme.
    if fact so many albums are about death and depression.
    Then i guess all Nirvana albums were also concept albums

20. aleric

aleric New Member

The album "Metropolis Pt 2 : Scenes from a distant memory" from DT is my fav concept album.

@wizard : Yes, "The Final Cut" by PF is also a concept album.