comparsion western and paki guitarist

Discussion in 'Pakistani Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by grimreeper_007, May 11, 2006.

1. grimreeper_007

grimreeper_007 New Member

In a way, Pakistani music scene is an extremely scaled down version of the western music scene of 70’s and 80’s. I think we can draw some equivalents between legendary guitarists and local ones in terms of styles and/or their influence on the local music industry.

Eric Clapton – Amir Zaki (He has often been referred to as the Pakistani Clapton)

John Petrucci – Faraz Anwar (Progressive metal. Mizraab often sounds like a local version of Dream Theater)

David Gilmour – Mekaal Hassan (Lots of feel in his guitar playing)

Jimi Page – Salman Ahmad (With catchy riffs, led the most successful local rock band, taking inspiration from Led Zeppelin)

Slash – Nabeel Chisty (Good at creating rock music that’s accessible to wider audience)

Edge – Shallum Xavier (Simplicity in playing and intelligent use of effects)

Steve Vai – Adnan Afaq (Great technique and generous experimentation with guitar effects)

Eddie Van Halen - Asad Ahmed (No-nonsense rock!)

Are there any comments/additions to the list?

2. limaj_daas

limaj_daas Guitar Pro Maniac

Xavier uses effects:S... Anyhow i think Xulfi is comparable to Tom Morello from Audioslave. Riff Riff Riff with a blazing solo full of effects

3. Evo Guy 911

Evo Guy 911 Banned

Put Rana Hassan against Yngwie Malmstreem. Speed lives.... Hardly any melody.

@Limaj: Dude I agree with ya. Excellent player, that Xulfi fella. Hey thread starter, how DID u forget Xulfi???

I really really love Xavier's technique. Very beautiful playing & excellent left hand. I dont know anything abt Nabeel Chisty, Adnan Afaq & Asad Ahmed. Plz tell me what bands r they with? Or are they underground soloists. Post their work. Thanks.

4. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

well u cant campare slas wid nabeel

5. limaj_daas

limaj_daas Guitar Pro Maniac

These are very SCALED DOWN comparisons.

Btw, evo, nabeel wuz aaroh's original guitarist. Made instrumentals one of which became naa kaho after lyrics were added. Look for his solo in the live version of Ajnabee in the battle of bands.

6. Evo Guy 911

Evo Guy 911 Banned

where can I get battle of the bands recording? Any links? Im too lazy to google...

7. manitrim

manitrim New Member

Ali Noor -- Kurt Cobain

8. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

great post dude, reps + 5 stars.

I didnt know Zaki was referred to as the Paki Clapton, where have u heard that?

I havent heard anything by any of the western guitarists, but Ive heard tons of songs by all the paki guitarists u mentioned. except for adnan afaq - do u ahve any info about him, was he in a band? if u can, pm me with some links to his work. Thanks...

Edit : You need to spread some reps before giving it to grimreeper again.. sorry.

9. grimreeper_007

PPL AMONG ALL these guitar players u must lissen to aamir zaki and adnan afaq.They r guitar gods in pakistan.Adna afaq was the guy he taught faraz anwer and shallum , i heard them saying in a show.
    Well adnan afaq is from a very old band called arsh, and has done many solo tracks, one was called 6.7 gHz, which was a first every heavy metal track whr faraz anwer did rythmz,adnan afaq did lead, sammer ahmad did bass and irfan chrlie did drums.

as 4 u evo guy man asad ahmad is from karavan,awaz , and nabel is from aaorh who is also student of faraz anwer and adnan afaq is from arsh.

And limaj_daas , xulfi,......... well he is a kid infront of these pros of pakistan.

And mercury yeah i heard frm many ppl the zaki is compred with clapton and he reallly does, also man u must lissen 2 adnan afaq.

Well guyz chck thuis link 4 the song of adnan afaq.:

10. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

hmmmmm adnan solo rocksss

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^
    external MP3s not allowed.

MOD Alert!
    MOD Alert!
    MOD Alert!

12. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

13. grimreeper_007

c, i told u guyz tht adnan rox more than any other musician in pakistan.He is just unlucky tht the media didnt supported him as musch as it does to amateur bands like jal and etc.

Evo u can download battle of the bands frm www.j4jumpy.net, go to its download section and in the end u will find.

14. grimreeper_007

well guys u must also lissen to the new cd of zaki, which is available in book store only in karachi unfortunatly.Its given with a magazine of zaki, and nt available at music stores.But dont be sad, i have uploaded all songs on soundclick.Enjoy it.
    Aamir Zaki - World Music CD Download all songs from:

https://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=524470

15. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

in pak da famous guitar are not taken in media but da amuter one which can spent money on their vdo they are taken in scenes.......MOney mattersssss

16. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

thx grimreeper for givin da amir's world muzik........well im tryin to fig out i love u forever

17. Priyank_Jal_fan

Priyank_Jal_fan ..:[Snip]:..

@ all : Whom should Goher Mumtaz be compared wid?

18. grimreeper_007

he must be comparted with my dick, kiddin , sorry.No he cant be compared with any wwestern musician

19. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

wah abt comparin Carlos Sanatana wid a paki guitarist???/who it wld be...

20. m_waleed86

m_waleed86 KhaMosh GhuStAk

@grim....thanx for the great web link...lots of info there....