coming back to life- intro

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by thedyood, Apr 7, 2007.

1. thedyood

thedyood New Member

well this is my first post in this section so here goes.

hxxp://www.soundclick.com/thedyood

my take on coming back to life intro. i dont have any fancy shmancy fx so couldnt play the interlude :(.

waiting for comments / criticism / death threats.

cheers
    thedyood

2. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

*gives death threat*

Dont try playing Coming back to life.....its not supposed to be played.....only my God (read Gilmour) can play it :grin:

3. vvfloydish

vvfloydish New Member

listen to the song 100 times more. When you think melody and bends have sunk in - give it a shot. But before that practice!!!.

Gimour is not a shredder but he can shred anyone with his priceless melodies.

cheers

4. geniusoid

So very true man!

@ poster - seriously dude, ur version deserves a death threat man! I actually think i wud have slapped u if u had played tht on stage in front of me! I swear!

Gilmour is like God to me!

5. thedyood

thedyood New Member

well thank you for the death threat, but i lacked the equipment so it sounded bad. what can you expect from laptop speakers and no fx ?

may be when i own or can access it, i will record it and then put 'em up for comments.

donations for the equipment will be accepted :D

cheers

6. stranger_in_ny

stranger_in_ny New Member

Keep practicing!
    Gilmour lives the note in any state - he can make a simple riff or tune sound like out of the world - and you would practice for months to get to that. Guitar equipments matter but not all.

He values bob seeger a lot (his only mentor in early days). This guy could play his heart out with simple rhythm and melody. I feel its just a thing about cultivation - you recieve something and take it from there.

7. geniusoid

Its not abt the equipment man! U can make it sound much better....way way waaaaay better than that on acoustic guitar itself - try checkin out Floyd's acoustic version of the same song, if u dont believe me...

U want feedback, i`ll give u feedback - but plz ensure tht u take it well and work harder to improve...

U`re timing is seriously fcuked up man! Ur bends are awry - all u`re doin is hitting the right notes most times, but the timing is bad, the bends are bad.....and tht totally ruins the song.

Wht u shud be doing, assuming frm ur playing tht u`re a nOOb, is to

a.) Pick up ur acoustic and practise ur lessons on tht
    b.) Hope u have a Melbay or a Manoloff or something..... play tht day in day out
    c.) Play scales - i never did tht and i still repent it - scales will help u know ur fretboard better and move faster and smoother.
    d.) Dont pick up electric songs if u dont have a processor - try honing ur skills on acoustic songs
    e.) Finger exercises man !!! Bends, slides, some Finger Gymnastics will certainly help u...

Dont blame lack of instruments man! I connect to my comp too....skill and technology are totally different stuph! I know my shit to know the difference! :lol:

8. stranger_in_ny

stranger_in_ny New Member

hey geniusoid, what comments you have for my version of coming back to life solo? :D i know its scrwed up at some places but still would like to hear ; )

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

10. geniusoid

Read my comments on ur post...very neat work.....

@ BJR - Ur singing reminds me of tht UB40 wala.....aren't u draggin the words? I heard the lofi version, coz my net speed is slow....didnt get much of guitar in ur version dude - just sing strums per chord.....

Maybe Stranger_in_my guy shud make a track for u to sing for - whatsay? :p

11. arti1909

arti1909 New Member