Coming Back to Life - festival

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by stranger_in_ny, Apr 10, 2007.

1. stranger_in_ny

stranger_in_ny New Member

with so many people posting the song and solo, i thought of jumping as well with my solo. ;)

https://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=578915&songID=5219617

ok i know where the leads r wrong and offmelody...but comments are as always welcome! next version will be coming soon with intro and vocal. And while you are there on soundclick, listen to lynard skynard freebird intro with vocal.

also..these days I'm focussing on mixing having kept my guitar aside. any inputs on mixing?

all guitar tracks on strat (american)

the starting drum beats do sound like britney's crazy? ;)

cheers

geniusoid likes this.
  2. vvfloydish

vvfloydish New Member

well done! close to original.

should improvise more. cud play some jimmy page songs.

people lose interest in covers only because they seem to get tired with finding originality in copied version. If you give it a new flow and twist, you are going to invoke interests.

##

3. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

here's the feedback u asked me for dude....

into the song at 43 secs - u got very minutely flawed

1.38 - thts not frm the original..same for 2.08

2.17 onwards - lost a bit ...teeny weeny bit

But I Must say I loved this version...i`d love to sit down eyes closed and hear u perform this whole song - Gilmour gets me goosebumps everytime I hear this song - I start my morning walk towards my busstop with this song many times :)

U`ve done a very neat job...u`re good...keep it up and play more such good stuph.....

Visit this site - www.gilmourish.com

Its a blog tht talks abt Gilmour - everything abt him - u`ll find a section tht offers professional level backing tracks for Floyd songs.....if u love him as much as I do, u`d wanna grab all of those tracks and play along....

P.S: I play an impromptu poorer version of this song during my freshers to earn zero ragging for one whole week during my MBA :grin: Plz play the entire song and put it up dude.....

Reps!

4. stranger_in_ny

thanks Floydish and Geniusoid!!

Gilmour my favorite too since college days. we share the same b;day (almost!, just 1 day diff ;) )! I love the way he brings the up and down swings and two sides of piscean in his melody and lyrics (i guess polly did really help him there).. but as gilmour said himself..he would rather prefer a guitar than lyrics to express his emotions. no wonder waters and gilmour were terrific - sad waters ego did him there...plus lot of his society, war and education bs.

But hey we got ample collections from them. Saw gilmour in one of the recent concert. Hes getting older! scares me.....cant see him go away... sob^

5. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I loved it..your playing captures the feel of the original nicely:beer:

I really liked your tone too.. what equipment was used for this recording?

6. stranger_in_ny

Thanks nebuchadnezzar.

the tone is typical fender stratocaster - would find that in knopfler, clapton, hendrix, townshed and ofcourse gilmour.

recorded on boss1600CD - its a handy one and easy to use... money worth.

BTW, I am in Bangalore for couple of months and would love to play/jam some songs (floyd, zepp, neil young) with guitarists here. Anyone?

7. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I meant what are you using for for your overdrive and delay? Each of the artists you mentioned has a very different signature tone.

8. stranger_in_ny

ah ok, you mean effects.
    Its boss gt3. let me know if you need the individual levels for delay, rev, od, wah.

9. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Nah..thats ok..the gear geek in me couldn't resist asking,thats all.