Comedy rock/Novelty music

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by guitardoctor, Jun 20, 2010.

1. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

So guys, this is one of my favorite genres, looking for some new music... Recommendations?

Some artists I already know of (and like): Tenacious D, Weird Al Yankovic, The Arrogant Worms...

BTW looking for music, not stand up comedy. Parody music is OK.

2. distorted

distorted satan

Chk out ''workshop''

3. guitardoctor

Thanks, any more? I thought people spend a lot of time listening to this stuff in college... I know I did ;)

4. flood

flood New Member

ummmm.... spinal tap?

check out p-man's (of PDV fame) side project "khiladi".

don't know too many comedy rock bands otherwise.

oh yeah, the legendary DETHKLOK from metalocalypse. the jingle is from the pilot episode, "curse of dethklok". pretty funny show, takes a piss on metal bands. great guest appearances too - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metalocalypse#Musician_cameos

here's "duncan hills" by dethklok. if you truly want to piss your pants laughing watch season 1 episode 1 so you can see the video in context... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCDfRSmwsg4&feature=related

5. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

6. guitardoctor

I did try Wikipedia first, That's not a very well written article, couldn't make sense of it... Wonder if I should edit it out of existence :)

7. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

but u'll find many band names..

8. guitardoctor

I've tried Tenacious D, the Conchords, Bad News and Weird Al... The list of artists on that page is not of dedicated Comedy Rock bands, more like a haphazard list of bands including guys with "some humorous references in their music". Blink 182 or SOAD hardly count as comedy rock.. Wikipedia is not always well written.

So back to square one - know any?

9. flood

flood New Member

i think they're pretty much covered.

abstürzende brieftauben is comedy rock, but it's completely lost on you because a. it's all german (except for their infamous "i want to make love to steffi graf" which earned them a defamation lawsuit for suggesting ***ual relations between steffi and her father peter) and b. they concentrate on satirizing pop culture in germany during the 80s.

so we have all the more known comedy rock acts pretty much listed here.

10. guitardoctor

OK, gonna try Spinal tap next... And Dethlok.

These are not all the good ones though. Check out this one; I heard these guys years ago... Still lies at the top of the heap of my now pretty big collection of humor songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwO33oUawM8

11. flood

flood New Member

watch the spinal tap movie, this is spinal tap. it's downright hilarious. great british humour, and practically every band at the time, from maiden to zep to bowie, who saw it thought "hey, they're parodying us!".

12. Angellica

Angellica New Member

My favorite by far has to be Frank Zappa.
    His Joe's garage album is extremely funny. His music and production chops are also off the wall.

13. Angellica

Angellica New Member

From Indian artistes there's Alien ****ney with Veerdas (weirdass) and The Workshop. I havnt heard either so dont know what they're like.

14. horsesmouth

horsesmouth Active Member

^lol
    censored! :D
    \m/

15. guitardoctor

-testing- ****ney

16. guitardoctor

Oh wow IGT is very intelligent... Cunt is fine but not the first four letters of c-h-u-t-n-e-y

17. guitardoctor

-testing-

Donkey raping shit eater

18. guitardoctor

Also, if you type g-u-l-l-i-b-l-e it gets changed to intelligent.

Check it out

INTELLIGENT!

19. horsesmouth

horsesmouth Active Member

^hahaa
    ROFL