Clean Axe - Perfect cloth to wipe my guitar clean

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by b2ornot2b, Oct 13, 2005.

1. b2ornot2b

b2ornot2b New Member

hi

i need to find the perfect cloth to wipe my guitar clean
    everything i've tried is either too scratchy, or too fibry, or ....

or maybe several different cloths for the strings, body, neck, bridge ...
    can anyone give me specifications(do cloth's have those???) so i can walk up to a cloth store and buy one ?

b2

2. jekyll

jekyll Banned

same here

actually u can use moist cloth to clean everything but the fretboard

i feel that since the fretboard accumulates all the sweat n grime (n starts getting sticky - yuck + ewww) u need a more abrasive thing

i will try sandpaper this weekend :grin: n tell

3. shak

shak Harrr!

it is called "microfibre" clothe ..
    this is the stuff that quality eyewear companies like okley etc ship with their products .. but dun get the impression that it must be expensive .. its reallly cheap stuff.

4. u can use the cloth which comes with the specs.u can get those at ur local eye care store.or a soft foam.

5. axeman1986

axeman1986 New Member

you can clean your guitar with a normal duster cloth similar to the one that comes with specs. the cloth that oakley supplies for storage of sunglasses and cleaning is only meant for sunglasses with plutonite lenses. microfibre cloth is used only to clean the fretboard and is definitely NOT the same cloth oakley provides with sunglasses. all guitar cleaning kits come with normal duster cloth. when you buy a duster cloth put it in the wash once before you use it. that should get rid of the excess lint.

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

hmm...i put mine in the washing machine, clean in no time.

7. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

i lost my oakley bag/cleaning cloth....and screwd my plutonite lenses :cry1::cry2:

8. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@denis - cool! so you put yer guitar in the washing machine huh?:RollLol: