Classical Guitar/Flamenco music

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by esgallindeion, Aug 22, 2004.

1. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Anyone here interested in classical guitar stuff? This is my new field of interest, especially flamenco. I recently bought a flamenco guitar. Anyone knows good stuff to try out?

2. FC Barca11

FC Barca11 New Member

Well if you're into Nueva Flamenco, then you should look at artists like Ottmar Liebert, Jesse Cook, Gypsy Kings. But if you like the old then check out stuff by Paco DeLuica, Nino Ricardo, Sabicas.....

I actually picked up a guitar because of flamenco. I love this stuff and I can't get enough of it. I would also recommend Bossa Nova, particulary Antonio Carlos Jobim, Joao Gilberto and Stan Getz. Its not like flamenco where the guitar is purely responsible. Bossa Nova is brazilian jazz and it highlights the versatility of the guitar.

3. esgallindeion

Nino ricardo is one of my fav. What does nueva flamenco mean?

4. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

listen to django reinhardt, the papa, he is the key to everything. he is the father of modern guitar.

5. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

olrite, ol these..n..
    yngwie malmsteen's flamenco diablo
    slash's obsession confession
    joe satriani's tears in the rain

u shud enjoy these, especially the first 1.
    but i doubt these wudn't have clicked in ur mind.

6. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

Reinhardt was an unbelievable genius - he played with just two fingers.. you should listen to his stuff they're just awesome.

7. esgallindeion

I have been listening to Ottmar Liebert and Reinhardt and enjoying it a lot... thanks guys...

I have been most impressed by this virtually unknown guy Armik... his song Gypsy Flame is amazing... you might want to check it out.

8. Theguitarist

Theguitarist New Member

Where did you learn classical guitar from.I mean any tutorials or from net.I am interested too but can't find any good source to learn.And IMO you should have bought a G&b guitar.

9. esgallindeion

i take lessons in my college from alex abisheganadan, one of asia's old leading classical guitarists...