chords for lag ja gale by lata

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by souman_das, Mar 23, 2005.

1. harini

harini Hameer Kalyani

and jays strumming pattern is good. not the best, but good. And you talk so much about being a good human being and simple etc(lead guitarist??), look at you, you probably have a similar personality as jay which is why you pounced rite back at him. Hypocrisy at its peaks?

2. sandil

sandil New Member

I guess we need a combination of both chords - e.g. I used to play Anjane on a G C F pattern until i realised it was actually B A E B.

Of course - although though these "weird" chords are tough to play, they sound magical - I agree with Jay there. Maybe if you have a keyboard like I do - you'll understand what I mean, try recording a progression and then singing along - it sounds much better than when you try to play the more basic chords. It's part of improving I guess.

I don't think Jay's attitude is to criticize anyone - his tone is definitely discouraging - not his intention :)

3. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

lolz... i thought harini was vry angry with Jay bcoz of jay's immense luv 4 sachin :p:...
    i was wrong :shock:

4. Subhro

bingo !!....
    he is more like .. "wht u see is wht u get"... which is far bettr thn bein a hypocrite i guess..
    and i don think thts bad... but i do like 2 kick his ass :p:

5. s/ash

s/ash New Member

Nice Werk Both u guys .... :rock:

6. Hardik

Hardik .:.:.:BoRn TaLenT:.:.:.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
    come on man!!!!!!!.... thats not done...you dont get emotional in here.....
    the ppl who care for u know you are good...and the main part is that you know you are good....then why worry about others....just keep doing ur good work.....thats what matters....not some small comments....
    come on....you have posted some great great songs.........
    and no need of missing me :grin: ......i am always here...:):)

7. surmayee

surmayee New Member

The Gaug suggested by Jay in the first line is in fact B major. Try it and hear the difference.So you see not everyone is right! Go with your heart and enjoy music dudes.

8. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

surmayee Bmaj= F#+B+Eb
    Gaug = G+B+Eb.. so i can understad why u think its B maj. Bmaj is a bit too strong.. what happens is that the chord transitions from G to Em and one note changes at a time..

G= ......G+B+D
    Gaug=..G+B+Eb
    Em=....G+B+E

9. Subhro

fundoo stuff !!!!!!! :shock:.. makes me realize all of a sudden.. i kno nothin abt guitar... chit chat's best 4 me :grin:

10. Bandbaaja

Bandbaaja Pronounced Band Baaaa Ja

I guess he is not replying to this thread anymore

Well in any case,
    His chords for Lag Ja Gale are 90% right
    And I guess he is right in saying that he has missed out on certain parts for ease.
    Mind you - there is not a single chord that he has placed that is WRONG.
    He has only omitted some (out of purpose or maybe he didnt hear those parts too well and let it pass by)

Anyway, like Jay has already pointed out one,
    There are 2 places where some chords need to be added

1. In the opening lines of the mukhda, Lag Ja Gale Ke Phir Yeh Haseen Raat Ho Na Ho

G-----------------B---------Em----------G-------------D-
    Lag Ja Gale Ke Phir Yeh---Haseen Raat Ho Na Ho

2. Everywhere that the para ends
    with the echoing Lag Ja (((Gale))) (((Gale))) (((Gale)))

The chords are :
    Lag Ja Ga-Le----Ga-Le-------Ga-Le
    -------------G- --------Gaug--------Em----

11. amolbc

amolbc New Member

Cool down guys

Dear Souman and jay,

i must say that, as a beginner it was easy for me to play souman's chords for this song "lag ja gale". Its a beautiful song and keeping it simple is no doubt the first priority. But believe me, the augmented cord inserted by jay in the first line is a beauty !
    As someone previously said it does take us more closer to actual song.

And souman, I honestly think that you took jay's words in wrong spirit !
    so if u have decided not to post cords, you are at fault

come on guys... make it up....

lets play some good music.

12. khakurel

khakurel New Member

lag ja gale

I have modifed the chords little bit to harmonize properly.
    I see some missing harmonization on Suman's posting..
    Let me know how you think.

Time 3/4

Start at G
    --%-G--%----Am-----G---%------%---Am--%--G
    lag ja gale,ke fir yeh haseen raat ho na ho
    C------%------D-----------D8------Am7/C--G---%
    shayad fir is janam main, mulakat ho---- na ho
    ----G--%----Am--G-------

D-----G---------Am--%----C-------D------G--%
    humko mili hain aaj yeh, ghadiyan naseeb se
    D----------G----Am--%---C-----D------G--%
    ji bhar ke dekh lijiye, humko kareeb se
    --%-G--%--Am-----G-----%------%---Am--%--G
    fir aapke naseeb main, yeh baat ho na ho
    C------%------D-----------D8------Am7/C--G---%
    shayad fir is janam main, mulakat ho na ho
    ----G--%----Am--G-------

13. komal29

komal29 New Member

this is one frikkin' emotional thread!!
    i have seen people fighting at chit chat lounge for silly reasons[personal experience] :)
    but its a shame people who are supposed to be experts and guide are fighting for chords.i felt sad reading the kind of language that was used here :-(
    i wanted to add this..
    Every person is unique in this world,with unique talents and unique life experiences and born to make unique and important contributions to the world.So every person's contribution is important to everything in life,no matter what persona they project,what kind of person they are,how smart or dumb they are,how big or smaller their status is,in any area of life considered.So in that sense.none is better or worse or bigger or smaller in any area of life.I didnt know all these until life subjected me to worst of the humiliating and humbling experiences.When i realized,the world has been a better place and i am dwelling in the glory of my insignificance when compared to people who are better than me; and so also in my significance when am better than many..Guess thats how the way it is.Sometimes you are better and sometimes there will always be someone else better than you.Respecting it wont make you less important or insignificant in this world.I wrote my opinions in this matter as it was somehow relevant to this thread and its discussion,though not directly.Thanks for reading
    Komal :)

14. komal29

komal29 New Member

as for the chords for this everlasting golden melody to describe which i dont even have any words..*on the verge of breaking down and crying*..
    Finding this chord and playing it has been the best and most fulfilling experience till date and will remain forever till am in IGT..:)Its so simple and anyone who isnt an expert guitarist like me can play this :)
    i never ever thought in my life i would sing it adding music by myself to 'this' song.i always sang it nice but never knew i could sound so beautiful too with music by myself *nearly breaks down*
    am gonna sing this to someone
    Thanks IGT,to all the above members who made an effort to post this and Lataji-Madan Mohan for the gem
    I,to this day remember the episode of x factor where one of the judge shreya ghoshal sang it..and i was nearly in tears listening to the intensity of her expressions..i still get tears listening to that version including to lataji's..*breaks down*
    anyone who dont know about this song,or hasnt seen it.please do.especially the gen X,who are lost in fast paced songs..its a humble request

Lag Jaa Gale - Sadhana, Lata Mangeshkar, Woh Kaun Thi Song - YouTube lataji version

xfactor shreya ghoshal singing lag ja gale - YouTube x factor shreya cover

15. komal29

komal29 New Member

@bjr can you do a tutorial for fingerpicking of this song..?..or anybody else..i wanna learn it :)

16. Mebs

Mebs New Member

You have just made my day. Great song. God bless