Chaos cloud Could Kill Earth By 2014!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Sep 21, 2005.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- Scared-stiff astronomers have detected a mysterious mass they've dubbed a "chaos cloud" that dissolves everything in its path, including comets, asteroids, planets and entire stars -- and it's headed directly toward Earth!

Discovered April 6 by NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory, the swirling, 10 million-mile- wide cosmic dust cloud has been likened to an "acid nebula" and is hurtling toward us at close to the speed of light -- making its estimated time of arrival 9:15 a.m. EDT on June 1, 2014.

"The good news is that this finding confirms several cutting- edge ideas in theoretical physics," announced Dr. Albert Sherwinski, a Cambridge based astrophysicist with close ties to NASA.

"The bad news is that the total annihilation of our solar system is imminent."

Experts believe the chaos cloud is composed of particles spawned near the event horizon of a black hole (a form of what's called Hawking Radiation) that have been distorted by mangled information spewed from the hole.

"A super-massive black hole lies about 28,000 light-years from Earth at the center of our galaxy," explained Dr. Sherwinski.

"Last year the eminent physicist Stephen Hawking revised his theory of black holes -- which previously held that nothing could escape the hole's powerful gravitational field. He demonstrated that information about objects that have been sucked in can be emitted in mangled form.

"It now appears that mangled information can distort matter.

"Just imagine our galaxy the Milky Way as a beautiful, handwritten letter.

"Now imagine pouring a glass of water on the paper and watching the words dissolve as the stain spreads. That's what the chaos cloud does to every star or planet it encounters."

To avoid widespread panic, NASA has declined to make the alarming discovery public. But Dr. Sherwinski's contacts at the agency's Chandra X-ray Observatory leaked to him striking images of the newly discovered chaos cloud obliterating a large asteroid.

"It's like watching a helpless hog being dissolved in a vat of acid," one NASA scientist told Dr. Sherwinski.

Ordinarily, Hawkings Radiation is harmless.

"It's produced when an electron- positron pair are at the event horizon of a black hole," Dr. Sherwinski explained. "The intense curvature of space-time of the hole can cause the positron to fall in, while the electron escapes."

But when "infected" by mangled information from the black hole, the particles become a chaos cloud, which in turn mangles everything it touches.

"If it continues unchecked, the chaos cloud will eventually reduce our galaxy to the state of absolute chaos that existed before the birth of the universe," the astrophysicist warned.

Some scientists say mankind's best hope would be to build a "space ark" and hightail it to the Andromeda Galaxy, 2.1 million light-years away.

"We wouldn't be able to save the entire human population, but perhaps the best and the brightest," observed British rocket scientist Dr. David Hall, when asked about the feasibility of such a project.

But even if such a craft could be built in time, evacuating Earth might prove fruitless if theories about the origin of the chaos cloud are correct.

"A black hole at the center of Andromeda is about 15 times the size of the one in our own galaxy," Dr. Sherwinski noted. "It might be like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire."

Speaking under the condition of anonymity, a senior White House official said the president's top science advisors are taking the findings in stride.

"This is a lot like global warming, where the jury is still out on whether it's real or not," said the official.

"The existence of this so called chaos cloud is only a theory. Americans shouldn't panic until all the facts are in."

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/wwn/20050912/112653720001.html

2. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

it cud be a black hole or somethign..........i read abt a hufe astroid may hit earth 18 yrs from 2002 and earth will loose all its life!........but kudos to u,, that was another interesting article!

3. shak

shak Harrr!

the meteor or comet is a reality ... blackhole isnt ... cuz blackhole needs a huge star ... which should collapse on itself and create massive gravitational forces ... ther isnt any star around earth that is big enuff, there is a limit called Chandrasekhar limit .. a star cannot become a balckhole unless it obeys this limit .. and sun doesnt obey this limit...so balckhole isnt a posibility

4. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

this universe is so scary!:sad:

5. krishnan

krishnan New Member

lie

there is no Albert Sherwinski in cambridge :p:

6. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Man, Where's Albert Einstien when you need him.
    I sure hope this is'nt true :shock:

7. shak

shak Harrr!

cant be .... cuz like ..
    its only a few million miles from us right? cuz as it says it will be here in 12 years or so .. so the maximum distance of tht thing from earth would be 12 light eyars (it cant travel more than speed of light) in that case it should have been pbserved by weaker telescopes and we should have been able to see space objects dissappearing from the horizon if its really destroyin everything in its path .. but why has it surprised scientists . being soclose and so obvious ..that makes me feel something is fishy

8. sridhar11_2

I really doubt that this is true.
    First of all this thing is travelling at nearly the speed of light coming from the big black hole at the centre of the galaxy 28000 light years away right.
    Then how can we see it at all if it's travelling at that speed - this would mean that if we saw it then then the next second we'd be dead.
    Secondly, if it's coming from a distance of 28000 light years away at it's speed it sould take another 28000 years to get here.

Finally how can you evacuate and go to andromeda as if it was a 10 min walk.
    We dont have the technology yet someone is shown quoting it - MAJOR FLAW

Plus the inclusion of Hawkings name without a quote is fishy :annoyed:

9. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@srk - man,, u r so unbelievably intelligent :grin:......why dun you join nasa and fake all their scary theories??:grin:

10. shak

shak Harrr!

it doesnt says so ..the report si saying that there is a blackhole 28000 lys frm us .. now they are assuming that this blackhole ate a lot of matter and according to the ammendment by steven hawkings ... the manlged mass has been ejected somewhere near our galaxy ,... that somewhere is some 12 lys (max) form earth ...

i agree with the andromeda thingyu .. you cant just pack your bags and take humans with ya ... its so kiddish fiction.

@rocking thnx.... :) :)

11. sridhar11_2

Thanks for clearing that up. i should really start reading the S.W. Hawkings lectures maybe i'll get a clearer idea of physics.

Man Physics stripped down it's math is like the most interesting subject ever. But really without the math it would'nt make sense.

12. shak

shak Harrr!

13. sridhar11_2

Thanks. I actually have a lot of books like Stephen Hawkings "Space and time Warps" and a lot of einstein books.

I'll get to that as soon as i finish reading "How to Build the Best Paper Airplane in the World" :)

14. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

People....c'mon......look at the link and u'll know its a fake......its a tv.yahoo.com link!!!!!! Like I said in the plagiarism thread......citing sources is important because we can figure out whether the source is valid or not. a tv.yahoo.com story is nothing but gossip. its a tabloid story.......no credebility = FAKE!!!!!!

15. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

are u trying to relieve yourself from the fright caused by that article?:p:

16. #iR@

#iR@ GANDI BACHI RELOADED

I HOPE THIS DOEN"T HAPPEN....... cause i wanna CELEBRATE my BDAY on
    3rd june' 2014........... :p: :p: :p:

17. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

ahhhhhh.........dun wory.......i think thats on;y gonna happen in june 15th!

18. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

..excellent(in a Mr.Burns accent)...

19. m_waleed86

m_waleed86 KhaMosh GhuStAk

first comets...then meteores...then bush...now a cloud......

20. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Meh, I'll be a guitar virtuoso by 2014. I don't need to worry.