Changing pickups of my guitar lookin for seymour duncon Alnico II pro

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by DrSaurabh, Aug 6, 2004.

1. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

Does anyone have any idea as to the changing of pickups, am lookin for seymour duncon Alnico II pro cant find em here...
    one more thing...my current guitar is a southeast asian LP, am hoping to get an american LP by epiphone, but the problem i face is this...will an american guitar bought in the states work here, considering all the voltage diff and everthing, will the amps work.....
    what wud be a good processor...
    PS:the guitar tech forum is closed :)
    PS2:what is the deal with points and reputation..wnet thru the FAQ dint find it.... :p

2. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

i imagine that voltage shouldnt be a problem since the pickups only get powered through the amps and they are never going to be 110V i wouldn't think so.

But then i don't know much about pickups and voltages, im just here making my point and making my post so i can get my name in colours :p

3. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

Alnico Pro is only .. Let me Highlight ONLY for Les Pauls type neck. Since you have one it should not be much f a problem. The amps may require a transformer cause they have everything in 110 and we have everything worlking at 230v

About processors, I may be able to help if you give me a Budget..

Points and stuff.. JKeep postion and get points and buy amazing stuff at the Ushop..

4. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

say around 5-8k....

5. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

and abt the amps.....if i go for amps in india...say marshalls....around 15 W with a bult in reverb and overdrive..(distortion is ther by default rt)....how much wud it go for...rt now i am using my PC as amps.....got my music system connectd..so i have 240 W 4 speakers...my sound card is a SBLive! and it already had the preset for connecting ext.guitar has the foll effects
    80s rock
    alienation
    delay+chorous
    overdrive
    jazz
    flanger
    grunge
    autowah
    heavy metal
    metal edge
    muted trumpet..
    connected it thru the line in on my pc. had to get a diff jack to fit it in tho...

6. jayanth

Ok.. Saurabh what will you do when you go to a concert, Take your PC with you?? HE he.. Anyways for 5-8 K you can get a Zoom 505 or a 707II or Karg AX100G.. I would go for the Third one cause its the cooler of the lot..

7. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

exactly the reason i want to get amps man...can u suggest some.....i am lokin for marshall strictly around 15 W ..:)

8. jayanth

Go for the Marshal 15 W .. Its called CD something.. Has amazing Distortion.. But even at concerts you have amps.. YOu need a PROCESSOR or A GADGET.. Like the ones i suggested..

9. pro_Guitar

pro_Guitar New Member

Factually Epiphone guitars are not american but come under the brandname Gibson Epiphone which is american. Epiphone guitars are made in Korea For Gibson Epiphone.You said you've got a south Asian Lp. Its likely that you guitar was made at a similar Factory like the one at Sakura. Don't get me wrong but Epiphone guitars are really good if properly setup.
    Besides buying a expensive guitar You may also have it professionally setup.
    I don't know if there are any professional luthiers in India.
    Even Rickey Medlocke - LYNYRD SKYNYRD and Billy Gibbons - ZZ Top use Epiphone LPs.
    Gibson Lps are great but Epiphones are great quality at the price.

10. jayanth

Even joe Perry of Aerosmith uses Epiphone LP.. Its called a Boneyard LP.. YOu can get your Guitar setup professionally here in India.. Aint that difficult..

11. pro_Guitar

pro_Guitar New Member

Not Really.Its just a signature model.
    The Epiphone Joe Perry Boneyard LP Standard is based on a Les Paul from Gibson's Custom Shop that Perry's wife Billie designed and presented to Perry as a Christmas present.

12. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

and then stole it when she divorced it..which was later bought by saul hudson(4 those who dont know..thats slash:)) who gifted it to him on his 50th birthday...u can see that guitar in the first solo in novmber rain..outside the church......and what is the deal about professionally setting up a guitar...i ve heard a lot about it...but never actually got that funda....

13. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

@pro guitar....yeah..all of epiphones are made in korea....but the ones that go to the states are made in diff work shops u can find that out by chekkin the first letter on the serial no.;)....and moreover its too damned costly to buy it in india..........friggin 31k....when i can get a ebony LP for $499 the bastards charge u $80 more for the stupid flametop(stupid coz i aint buyin it...looks damn hot)....:rock:

14. jayanth

@ Saurabh :What the hell you speaking??

And Stupid Flametop?? Thats amazingly cool. Not stupid..

15. pro_Guitar

pro_Guitar New Member

Tell you what. You can Buy an Aria Pe-ltd or Pe-dlx Setneck for around that price. Aria is not marketed like Gibson or epiphone but I tell you its the works. Amazing finish Come with 2 Seymour Duncan Humbuckers.
    I've got one besides my Gibson and I like them both for what they do.
    I know you still won't believe what i say till you try it yourself.
    I happened to try it only by chance.

16. jayanth

Aria comes with really good Finishes.. But the Gibson makes a statement.. A good one..

17. pro_Guitar

pro_Guitar New Member

Not Arguing that.

18. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

like i said....stupid coz i aint buyin it...i love flametops...especialyy heritage chery sunburst...the honeyburst and the transparent blue...

19. jayanth

If it aint a flametop, Its not my type of LP..

20. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

The epiphone goth LPs are cool! :p