Change...?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by augur, Dec 1, 2008.

1. distorted

distorted satan

@elfthing: but u were born wid very few of dem buddy, so wt r u gonna do? I'll suggest u one thing... Take out a bunch frm ankitdabe n implant them in ur brain, i xpect u'll put dem to a way better use... He seems to be wasting them...

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

So, coming back to the original argument...

I had said a long time ago that 26/11 was an individual seed in the soils of dissatisfaction. I think I was right. However, I'd also said that the scenario was a political low and I was rather wrong about it. How very optimistic of me to think that. We've sunk lower, this time there are people who've seen an opportunity and tried to push change. What are your thoughts on the whole thing? Anna Hazare, Arvind Kejriwal, the Lokpal bill and the political turmoil it seems to be causing? What do you think it's done or what consequences do you see from what's been happening these last 6 months?

I do believe we've seen the 1857 that I was talking about in one of my posts in 2008.

Also, it'd be interesting if you read the first 6 odd pages of the thread before commenting.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Bump, so that I catch this tmrw morning.

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

We twiddle our thumbs till an improved version of political leaders arrive at scene.

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

haha, you could've said this yesterday! I is disappoint.

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:)
    Its all about equilibrium.

Ppl are nonchalant towards politics and govt because they perceive it as not really bothering their "personal lives and commitments"
    Once the tyranny of govt or politicians reach a threshold, only then is there a possibility of action from public.
    And of course you need seeds to initiate the such revolutionary action.

India is a developing country - with one of the fastest growth of GDP.

1) That mean the rich are definitely getting richer. They work hand-in-gloves with the politicians (and govts) to ensure that they prosper. So they will never reach the threshold, and neither will they act like a seed.
    2) Middle class. Is busy collection "cowries" brought in by the economic growth of India. They do not know what is the threshold. However with the current scenario - some aware / motivated ppl can surely act like a seed. But this seed will have maximum impact among Middle class only. But the middle class is really not bothered (check the quote above)
    3) The not so fortunate ones. These are ppl who will come close to the threshold, because the economic growth gives them the money but takes away the purchasing power. But where is the seed? If there is - such a seed is eliminated at a very early stage by the local goon (who has the backing of the politician). In case that doesn't work the politicians change the perception of this group by misleading (and thus changing the threshold criteria).

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

So why exactly is good governance / politics necessary?
    Because it has an impact on the whole lot of ppl.

So that means a person working towards the goal of betterment of the governance - he has the foresight to realize that this work is not just for himself but for millions of ppl.

What would be the percentage of such ppl?
    Even if he starts working towards such a goal, would other ppl with no foresight support him?
    No, they won't in general.

Yes, they would, if they see themselves benefiting.
    Which again leads to the vicious circle of the supporters seeking favors.
    Which defeats the whole purpose of the initial goal.