Caution

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by zoomingrocket, Feb 22, 2005.

1. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

This happened in Paris recently and may happen elsewhere also.

A few weeks ago, in a movie theatre, a person felt something poking from her seat. When she got up to see what it was, she found a needle sticking
    out of the seat with a note attached saying
    "You have just been infected by HIV".

The Disease Control Center (in Paris) reports many similar events in many other cities recently. All tested needles were HIV Positive. The Center also
    reports that needles have been found in cash dispensers at public banking machines.

We ask everyone to use extreme caution when faced with this kind of situation. All public chairs/seats should be inspected with vigilance and caution before use. A careful visual inspection should be enough. In addition, they ask that each of you pass this message along to all members of your family and your friends of the potential danger.

Recently, one doctor has narrated a somewhat similar
    instance that happened to one of his patients at the Priya Cinema in Delhi. A young girl, engaged and about to be married in a couple of months, was pricked while the movie was going on. The tag with the needle had the message "Welcome to the World of HIV family".

Though the doctors told her family that it takes about 6 months before the virus grows strong enough to start damaging the system and a healthy victim could survive about 5-6 years, the girl died in 4 months, perhaps
    more because of the "Shock thought".

We all have to be careful at public places, rest God help!

REgards,
    Zooom...!!

2. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

This is real bad i heard people talking about such incidents, didnt know if it was true or not. But in anycase everyone should be very careful in the future.

3. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

This kind of incidents already occured in Kolkata and Guwahati. Really Shameful!
    Where is mankind going to!

4. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

This is a hoax. I've read mails abt this many years ago and its sad that they are still circulating.
    Read these articles:

https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/pubs/faq/hoax1.htm
    (scroll to last answer)

https://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/hivseats.html

https://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/pinprick.htm

There are several such rumours floating around on the web cos its so easy to forward information without verifying its source. A simple google search before forwarding can save a lot of trouble to other people.

5. Sanjay Mazumder

6. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Not true..........

7. Shocking....................

8. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

what is not true? what is shocking??

9. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

neways we cn be a little cautious.

10. ^^ yeah i think realistically all we can do is b more cautious...........

11. shak

shak Harrr!

sic................

12. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

how do we know which one to believe.. the article or the hoax claim?

13. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

Well whatever happens... a little amount of CAUTION is good!
    Instead of analysing whether it is true or hoax... what i feel is, it can done and very much possible!

And a main reason for this is our behaviour!
    We people are separating the HIV Positive candidates and not allowing them to lead a normal life!
    If we accept it as a fact and give them the same respect and dignity, then i think such hatred movements wont take place!

And any literate person knows tat HIV cant be spread just like tat in normal course of life! So, we should all standup and take a vow that we would give same respect and honour to an HIV Positive person as a normal human being!

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

14. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

cant really say that it is not true , we have to be very cautious .,..

the world is filled up with crazy and wierd people , we have to be safe everytime and be cautious ..

15. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

I have not met a single HIV positive person in my lifetime, and I don't know a single case of my friend or relative mistreating one.
    We can come up with stories that poor farmers are jealous of rich folk and are mixing slow poison in the rice that u eat every day. Will you stop eating rice? Is it less feasible than the needle story?

These stories plant unnecessary fears in people. It is best not to spread such rumors. And please, by spreading stories like this you are only discriminating the HIV folks from "normal" people. If a HIV positive person read that he/she might feel very hurt.

16. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

Very true... also try hoaxbuster

lots of funny myths demystified!

17. nadish

nadish Active Member

Ya ZoomingRocket! I'm one hundred and one % agreed with ya. I've also heard this lots of time that be aware from every stranger person even on bus stops or some rushy palces. Other wise u can be the next vicitem of HIV+ ....

18. Sanjay Mazumder

19. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

there are more important things u need to be cautious about. don't deviate the main attention of aids awareness with stupid stories like this.

20. ^^he's right i think...........