Calling All PC gamers in IGT!!! XD

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by amithkallupalam, Jan 29, 2012.

1. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

which far cry u have played
    and u like mafia??
    hell man
    they put us against 1000 people who r evenly matched against us and if our frnd dies
    then MISSION FAILED

2. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

That depends what PC you have. But for me the only worthwhile thing that goes in the favor of the Xbox 360 is Kinect. I absolutely love it. Also playing an FPS or Strategy game on consoles sucks, but the RPG's and hack and slashes fare better on consoles. PS3 is superior to Xbox 360 in terms of graphics but Kinect is the winner for me. I use an Xbox controller on my pc. Also the PS3 doubles up as a DVD and Blu-Ray player for the home theater system.

3. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

of all the games i've seen, and i've seen quite a few, a decent config PC still owns console butt.

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

So then what is the USP of a console?
    (inexpensive?)
    (hardware dedicated only to game, hence, better performance than what numbers suggest?)

5. amithkallupalam

amithkallupalam New Member

So true man So fricking true! Ive played far cry 1!

And BTW PCs are way better than gaming consoles! I read an article recently and found out that the upcoming xbox 360 will only have a HD6670 Graphics Processor. While most gaming pc's run with HD7970's now after it released recently.. And the xbox 360 was released a long time ago so you can imagine how it will do against pc's that are constantly updated. I still dont see what the point of console gaming is. Big screen? You can do that for the pc too!

6. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

Yeah you can say that they are cheaper. An Xbox 360 costs around 15-16k wihtout kinect and the graphics are decent enough. But the Kinect is the main usp for me. All the games turn out to be super awesome with the motion control. The PS3 is around the 15-20k mark too and it also doubles up as a blu-ray player for you home theater system. Graphics wise PS3 is good. Buying a decent Gaming Rig that runs the latest games costs around 30k after that sky is the limit. People usually buy a nice monitor too with their rig so that adds up too. Also some games like the Halo, God of War, Forza, Gran Tourismo, Killzone release exclusively on consoles only.

7. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

but i think xbox 360 has more compatibility
    also pcs are good as they are compatible with almost anything
    games, controllers every thing man
    and motion sensor
    there is only one thing i wud like in that
    ????
    what do u think
    gladiator type of fights

8. Morbid_Angel

for me the USP for a console is nothing except the fact that there are a few games only for them (blame that on the money whores). it's not really cheaper since you should add up the cost of the television as well because computers aren't just meant for gaming either. most people own a basic computer so the real cost of PC gaming as such should be calculated as the required upgrades to reach a decent level of performance. now that number is very subjective but it doesn't go above 20k and that's very competitive compared to the cost of a console alone.

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Can you do network multiplayer on consoles?
    You can on laptop/PC.

But what about the fun aspect of consoles - playing in living room with friends etc on a widescreen HDTV and Home theatre?

10. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

Yes you can. On Both the Xbox and the PS3.

And yes PC is always better than a console but it is really subjective. And i have to admit kinect and the move controller have really caught my fancy. Playing Killzone 3 on PS3 with Move was really a different experience altogether. Also Dance Central, Tony Hawk, Mass Effect 3 in kinect are really good. In mass effect you can actually shout orders to your team mates which makes those team mates more effective unlike earlier when all they did was come in your way.

11. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

Most people own a tv too so that cost should be excluded i think. But i think the real sense in buying a gaming console like PS3 is when you need to buy a new DVD player or a Blu-ray player because consoles function as those too. So you already have a budget of 7k-10k for a decent blu ray player add to that a 10k more and you can have a gaming console. Else stick to a PC.

12. Morbid_Angel

exactly what i said.