Buying new gear.! (advice please)

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by orochimaru_adi, Dec 6, 2010.

1. orochimaru_adi

orochimaru_adi New Member

Guys. planning to buy.My budget is upto Rs.40k. after some research, i m thinking to settle down for ibanez rg370dx( hope made a right choice) which would cost around 24k and spend the rest in some good 30watt amp. wont mind a second-hand amp( can save some bucks for a decent processor as well ):p

Music style: no limitation. metal, classic rock, blues, blah!

Vox vt30 , roland cube 30x, laney lx35r are some amps which interests me.

m more keen to buying the vox but please advice me which one would give the proper tone and feel..m kinda spinning my head around these three.

Thanks

2. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

1. Username - LOL XD
    2. *facepalm* Read The Guide

I wouldn't recommend that guitar. And nor any of those amps. Not when you got a very nice budget and could get some pretty good stuff.

Guitar - Look for a guitar without a double locking whammy. If you want one with a whammy that actually works without detuning, you'll be spending min. ~28 on the guitar alone.

Amp - Look for a tube amp...nice ones at around 20k. See the Laney Cub series and BE3 ( https://www.be3amplifiers.com/ ). Can also look at Blackheart and Blackstar stuff. Understand how tube amps work, so you know how many watts you want (loud cleans = more watts, power tube distortion at non-ear-piercing volumes = less watts, and maybe attenuation solutions/features)

Then again, you might want to go for a modeling solution, so maybe a processor or a laptop+interface+software going into a powered speaker/FRFR amp might work better for you. More versatility.

In short...RESEARCH. BEFORE. YOU. BLOW. UP. MONEY.

3. orochimaru_adi

orochimaru_adi New Member

damn..okkay..time to research again. edge 3 doesnt seem to be reliable..i play live and i had a guitar which detuned after every song i played. thats why i am looking for a double locking to stay in tune.. can i have some help and suggestions with a few guitars around that range(rs 30000 tak chalega).? also i checked out a few amps as well. tubes are good..low5-10 watt tubes come in my budget but again will such low watt tube amps help me get heard during jams? :(

4. ultrabot90

Comes for around 30k, I think. Though it's still better to spend more on the amp than on the guitar.
    5-10 watts (tube amps) = fine for distortion. Said not to be loud enough for cleans. Research tube amps to know why.

Edit - I mentioned modeling if you really know you want that kind of flexibility straight off.

5. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

You what now?

6. flood

flood New Member

:confused:

what is this i dont even

7. ultrabot90

TYPO. OMFG. >.<

Bah. *facepalm*

Must be going senile. Hopefully the statement after that cleared it up.