BUYING my 1st GUITAR

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by menaina, Jul 30, 2004.

1. menaina

menaina New Member

Hey all...M Naina....and i am FINALLY getting to buy the 1st GUITAR of my life. :beer:

Its been like a mad dream to be able to play one...but life was kinda busy and there were other things i always bought :eek:

But now, finally i can buy a guitar.... :cool: though have a petty budget of Rs.3000 only.

SO all u GUITAR LOVERS please help me find the right one for me...and help me experience the bliss of GUITARIN!!!!!!! Which Guitar and from where shall i buy it? How to test it n all....etc buying ethics to be showered please!

Looking forward to b a part of this cool GANG! :rockon:

Thanks
    Naina
    New Delhi.

2. kamiboy

kamiboy New Member

hey
    naina congragulates u on the completion of ur wish...

so a few instructions donot buy a guitar without any professional cause there are many odd thing u might face in future if u chosse it with out checking.. and there is no way that a beiginer can buy a good guitar with a few tips u have to check the stuff the body the bridge the straighteness of neck the balance of stings the tuners the wire holders so u better take so professioal with u while buying a new guitar,
    thats all
    if u dont wanna go with that alll no prob. thats all up to u
    for any more questions............... quote a message.........................
    BYE

3. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

3k will not get you an excellent guitar, the best is to take someone (if you know anyone) that knows somethign about guitars and go to a guitarshop and play some guitars and talk honestly with the person your taking so that he/she can help decide for you the best guitar possible.

As a starter i would recommend getting an acoustic guitar. But again take someone who knows a bit about guitars and go to the shop.

Also state where you live because someone from here may be able to help you out if you live local to them

4. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

I would suggest you to buy an acoustic first... An average acoustic guitar should not be very expenisve. If you have found yourself a teacher, ask him/her to go with you to the music store and find a guitar for you.

5. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

@ Rabi :- Hobner guitars are Under 3 K i used one and still using one.. They arereally great..

@ Naina : See the above line

6. MARS

MARS Mars Ji...Finally!!!!!

@ Naina..Welcome aboard...

To buy a beginners acoustic..3K is pretty decent budget...
    u can have hobner or a signature with that kind of money..give and take 500 bucks...
    I am a proud owner of Hobner and that is 3500rs...

But ...Go to the shop with an experienced person..newbies can easily be fooled when it comes to purchasing guitar...

and dont forget to inform the forum..which guitar u bought..

Enjoy and have fun here..