Buying Music Online

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Genesis, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Genesis

Genesis New Member

Hi,
    I was wondering which sites u guys buy ur gear from. I want to buy some stuff but i don't where from. music123, musiciansfriend, zzounds and musiciansbuy all have shipping restrictions and don't ship to India. ebay is too risky. What say?

2. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

u need some1 coming from the us to order online - else ull ahve to take ebay - bwt - its not tat risky - especially if the person ur buyin from has quite a few dealings...

3. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

musiciansfriend and zsounds provide loads of discount. dats why i have seen and heard.

4. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Restrictions and enormous shipping charges though, and there's always the customs duty to worry about. My suggestion is for you to wait until someone comes from there, otherwise, Ebay is the best bet for you, make sure that he does something to avoid the customs duty else you're down and out.

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

If you want from eBay, get it from one of the eBay stores. You get good discounts and a lot of them do international shipping. I recently enquired about an Aria Les Paul which costed $350. The store agreed to ship it for $80 to India. So it looked reasonable to me.

6. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

@disturbed: my grandma walked straight through customs with my guitar - they dont give u probs when its just 1